Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Will Stewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 1999
    Location
    Radford, VA
    Posts
    42,910

    Note: I have emailed our site host about the vBulletin board issues

    I was not on the boards all weekend -- EXTREMELY busy weekend that included installing a new mailbox post last night, in the dark, until 9:00 PM -- and did not receive a single email or text about the vBulletin issues.

    To give you a little background .... our site host has set up a dev environment, so a new programmer (we lost our old one in early October) can start working on some of the issues that we're having with the site. The problems being caused on these vBulletin boards are no doubt caused by the setup of the dev environment, and configuration of the network setup, load balancer, etc.

    Thanks for your patience ... hopefully, he'll be able to resolve this quickly.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

  2. #2
    BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 2001
    Location
    WAR 757!
    Posts
    49,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    ... so a new programmer (we lost our old one in early October) ...
    We drove off TSL Dev???
    ----------------

    Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

    --Ephesians 5:16

  3. #3
    Hokie CPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28, 1999
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    61,763
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    We drove off TSL Dev???
    He tried to steal the dinosaur embryos, but was tragically killed before he could reach the boat.

    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

    I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

  4. #4
    BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 2001
    Location
    WAR 757!
    Posts
    49,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    He tried to steal the dinosaur embryos, but was tragically killed before he could reach the boat.
    TSL Dev was still using CRT monitors? No wonder he left.

    And he must not be a very good chess player - white's queen side is all blown up and his king's rook is gone, but he hasn't moved his king's bishop or king's knight yet?
    ----------------

    Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

    --Ephesians 5:16

  5. #5

    Join Date
    September 17, 2001
    Posts
    29,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    I was not on the boards all weekend -- EXTREMELY busy weekend that included installing a new mailbox post last night, in the dark, until 9:00 PM -- and did not receive a single email or text about the vBulletin issues.

    To give you a little background .... our site host has set up a dev environment, so a new programmer (we lost our old one in early October) can start working on some of the issues that we're having with the site. The problems being caused on these vBulletin boards are no doubt caused by the setup of the dev environment, and configuration of the network setup, load balancer, etc.

    Thanks for your patience ... hopefully, he'll be able to resolve this quickly.
    I sent an e-mail to staff@techsideline.com at 9 a.m. on Saturday and heard back from Chris at 5:30 p.m. Then it began to show up in the boards.
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •