2013-2014 ACC Bowls

So how do you think the ACC is going to do in its bowls this year? In looking at the matchups, it looks like a tough year. My thoughts:

Little Caesars Bowl: Bowling Green 31 Pittsburgh 21
    Military Bowl: Maryland 27 Marshall 24
    Texas Bowl: Minnesota 35 Syracuse 17
    Belk Bowl: North Carolina 28 Cincinnati 21
    Russell Athletic Bowl: Louisville 42 Miami 20
    Music City Bowl: Ole Miss 27 Georgia Tech 20
    Advocare V-100 Bowl: Arizona 49 Boston College 28
    Sun Bowl: UCLA 28 Virginia Tech 17
    Chick Fil-A Bowl: Texas A&M 48 Duke 24
    Orange Bowl: Ohio State 21 Clemson 18
    National Championship: Florida State 41 Auburn 24

So that's 3-8 for the ACC this year. The matchups just aren't very favorable this season. Largely due to Clemson getting that 2nd bid. However, it is good to have two ACC teams in the big bowls.... and I hope Clemson can pull off the win over the Buckeyes. I also think we're going to have our hands full with UCLA.

I agree with most of those, with the exception of:

Pitt beats Bowling Green, who lost their coach
    Clemson beats tOSU, who aren't as good as their record indicates (I live in OH and have watched them several times this year).

That leaves the ACC at 5-6.

Not sure why reply with quote isn't working....

But I do agree that Clemson vs Ohio State is a toss up. I don't think Ohio State is as good as their record. But neither is Clemson IMO. I think OSU is going to put a lot of pressure on Clemson's O to make plays. But I think Clemson's D will do enough to slow Ohio State down (hence why I have the game as a bit lower-scoring than most).

As for Pitt vs Bowling Green... yes BG lost their coach. But Pitt really isn't a very good team IMO. Take a look at their wins. Their only good ones are the 58-55 shootout over Duke (before Duke went on their run) and Notre Dame (yawn). But they actually stuggled a bit with ODU. Has Clawsen not left, I would have actually had this as a potential blowout.