Saban staying at Bama

Herbie reporting Saban staying at Ala bammer. Multi year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
    Herbie reporting Saban staying at Ala bammer. Multi year deal.
    Not sure why everyone thought he was heading to Texas. He's not some young kid. He's 62 (same age as the guy they are forcing out, largely because he's not effective anymore). Granted, Saban is a younger 62 than Mack Brown. But, the move just didn't make any sense outside of a lot of money... but the man already makes a lot of money. And again, he's 62. Texas was leverage. And as I said before, Saban will stay at Bama... and most likely, Mack Brown will get one more year at Texas. IMO, he retires after next year no matter what happens. At which point, Texas will likely end up with Todd Graham.

Saban's agent worked it very good, got his client a nice raise…..

The AD at Alabama didn't want to play poker on this situation while the Texas situation is in play and willing (if interested by Saban/Sexton) to put up the ducks. THis is the business of college football now. The next AD and leadership at VT in the future, is going to face a different situation then when we hired Frank in 1987. Its going to deal with third parties, agents and search committees, and be prepared for a much escalated coach pay scale. Welcome to big time football.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECHFAN View Post
    Not sure why everyone thought he was heading to Texas. He's not some young kid. He's 62 (same age as the guy they are forcing out, largely because he's not effective anymore). Granted, Saban is a younger 62 than Mack Brown. But, the move just didn't make any sense outside of a lot of money... but the man already makes a lot of money. And again, he's 62. Texas was leverage. And as I said before, Saban will stay at Bama... and most likely, Mack Brown will get one more year at Texas. IMO, he retires after next year no matter what happens. At which point, Texas will likely end up with Todd Graham.

Saban now says he never considered going to Texas. I don't know if I buy that one.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...exas-longhorns