More issues for UNC... this time w/ Roy Williams

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/former-...home/13214249/

Former player, kicked off the team for drug violations now working as part of the basketball staff while trying to get his degree gets busted for drugs while living in a house in Chapel Hill Country Club that Roy Williams owns but doesn't live in?

Man... there sure is a lot of smoke around the UNC Athletic Department right now. Amazing how the NCAA has managed to keep away.
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

Man that's one nosy meter reader.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    http://www.wralsportsfan.com/former-...home/13214249/

Former player, kicked off the team for drug violations now working as part of the basketball staff while trying to get his degree gets busted for drugs while living in a house in Chapel Hill Country Club that Roy Williams owns but doesn't live in?

Man... there sure is a lot of smoke around the UNC Athletic Department right now. Amazing how the NCAA has managed to keep away.
    As much as I think the shady academic stuff at UNC should be punished severely I don't have a problem with Roy's apparent involvement in this. This appears to be an attempt to try and help a former player that has issues. If he is no longer a player can he not rent a house owned by Roy? I'm all for the rules that affect competition between universities or academics but at some point we have to look at the greater good. That said, being caught with drugs, the former player should be punished under whatever law is applicable.

The reason he is helping him is because Will Graves' uncle is an important AAU coach who has coached a substantial number of in-state targets for the Heels. When Graves was booted for failing the maximum number of drug tests this was Roy's way of appeasing the family so he could still recruit those kids.

Smh........

Quote Originally Posted by cvillehoops13 View Post
    the reason he is helping him is because will graves' uncle is an important aau coach who has coached a substantial number of in-state targets for the heels. When graves was booted for failing the maximum number of drug tests this was roy's way of appeasing the family so he could still recruit those kids.
    Drink better than eat.....eat better than no drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Cvillehoops13 View Post
    The reason he is helping him is because Will Graves' uncle is an important AAU coach who has coached a substantial number of in-state targets for the Heels. When Graves was booted for failing the maximum number of drug tests this was Roy's way of appeasing the family so he could still recruit those kids.
    interesting...I've been following some conversation on another forum where the assumption has been that Roy is helping Graves out, at least in part, because having him take (and pass) classes can still help their APR

"What's everyone getting worked up about, it's not like he smoked dope with the president."

- Bobby Bowden
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne