Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jmu hc

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    Nothing wrong with him giving names to the committee to research. But I don't think he should be able to flex any muscle when it comes to decision time. It's not like he has the opportunity to visit other AD's and evaluate the job their AD is doing, which is what I assume/hope the search committee does...
    Why would anyone need to visit? They come to VT it isn't the other way around. I'm sure anything needed to be learned can take place through an application, resume, internet research, or hell even the eye test.

No one is suggesting he lead the hunt but he should be able to 1) Offer up candidates he likes to be looked at and 2) be part of the decision process in the end if he so chooses.

I think he has proven to be successful in decision making when it comes to personnel and he will always be involved with VT, so he has earned the right to be involved in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    Nothing wrong with him giving names to the committee to research. But I don't think he should be able to flex any muscle when it comes to decision time. It's not like he has the opportunity to visit other AD's and evaluate the job their AD is doing, which is what I assume/hope the search committee does...
    Muscle would be inappropriate on his part. He could seek out info from coaches that have worked under the guy, info that might not be readily given to members of a search committee. If CFB has earned the right to retire on his terms, certainly he has earned the right to assist the search committee. I believe he'll want the best guy for VT - same as the search committee.

Quote Originally Posted by public knowledge View Post
    Al Groh is an NFL guy
    Well at least JMU would go back to being an automatic win!

Quote Originally Posted by HokiesDiver View Post
    Well at least JMU would go back to being an automatic win!
    Ouch!