Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jmu hc

Quote Originally Posted by riosvt View Post
    I know for a fact they are interviewing a very serious candidate tomorrow. NFL guy. Not sure if he would be willing to leave though.
    Shanahan's on his way out, I'm sure he'd be happy to land in Harrisonburg!

Or maybe you mean RGIII?

Al Groh is an NFL guy

Quote Originally Posted by riosvt View Post
    I know for a fact they are interviewing a very serious candidate tomorrow. NFL guy. Not sure if he would be willing to leave though.
    --Public Knowledge, Football expert

Quote Originally Posted by 48tnhokie View Post
    Your naive if you don't think that Frank Beamer is going to have a say in who the next AD will be, will it be public, no, back room yes.
    I think Frank has deserved the right to have some say in who is going to be the next AD.
    It's a Great Day to be a Hokie!

Quote Originally Posted by hokieman842 View Post
    I think Frank has deserved the right to have some say in who is going to be the next AD.
    I don't. That's what the board of trustees and search committee is for. No coach should have any say in what AD a university chooses.

Thankee kindly, sai.

Quote Originally Posted by NokieHokie View Post
    I don't. That's what the board of trustees and search committee is for. No coach should have any say in what AD a university chooses.
    Frank should have no say so whatsoever wrt to who VT can and cannot hire for the AD position.

Quote Originally Posted by Snape View Post
    Frank should have no say so whatsoever wrt to who VT can and cannot hire for the AD position.
    It's silly to think that ANY HC has the time and familiarity to know about what another AD is doing at another school. I don't care how many MNCs Saban was won at Bama, he should have no say in who their next AD. I know everyone thinks I like to bash Frank but this has nothing to do with Frank...

Anyone that doesn't believe Beamer should have a say so in the next AD isn't paying attention.

He's not some coach that has been here a while. He IS a Hokie, he has brought a ton of money/attention to the school, he has ran a great, clean, respectable program, and he will be an important figure in the university long after his football days are over. He is as much of VT athletics as anyone there has been or will ever be.

Most of you are right. Someone like Saban shouldn't have a say, but regardless of the on-field success he is no Frank Beamer. Saban is just another stich in the blanket for Alabama. Beamer is the seamstress of VT.

Quote Originally Posted by StealYourFaceVT View Post
    Anyone that doesn't believe Beamer should have a say so in the next AD isn't paying attention.

He's not some coach that has been here a while. He IS a Hokie, he has brought a ton of money/attention to the school, he has ran a great, clean, respectable program, and he will be an important figure in the university long after his football days are over. He is as much of VT athletics as anyone there has been or will ever be.

Most of you are right. Someone like Saban shouldn't have a say, but regardless of the on-field success he is no Frank Beamer. Saban is just another stich in the blanket for Alabama. Beamer is the seamstress of VT.
    Great analogy. And I think your're right.

Quote Originally Posted by StealYourFaceVT View Post

Why wouldn't the search committee at least ask a guy who has been here 27 years in an administrative position for his opinion on something that is happening within the department in which he's employed and helped build into what it is today?

They would be fools not to. Give him final say, No! But you have to give him an opportunity for input.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    Why wouldn't the search committee at least ask a guy who has been here 27 years in an administrative position for his opinion on something that is happening within the department in which he's employed and helped build into what it is today?

They would be fools not to. Give him final say, No! But you have to give him an opportunity for input.
    Nothing wrong with him giving names to the committee to research. But I don't think he should be able to flex any muscle when it comes to decision time. It's not like he has the opportunity to visit other AD's and evaluate the job their AD is doing, which is what I assume/hope the search committee does...