Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Congrats to Coach Johnson and Hokie BBall team for great win vs. Miami

Great win guys. Played with heart and never gave up. And we beat them without Barksdale.

Nice to beat them in both Football and BBall.

I love this team.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.

Does Eddie now have one more gw shot in his career than Green did?

GO HOKIES! Congrats!!!!!

I'll have to say, I was critical of the team the entire game. Felt like we stunk, we couldn't do anything right, Johnson was playing the wrong people, no game plan, shooting was cold, etc., etc. You know what? We won anyway. Imagine what we could do if things did go our way for 60 minutes. I guess I feel pretty good knowing we haven't reached our potential yet are winning anyway. Gives me confidence that on a hot shooting night at home we might be able to steal a win or two from the ACC's top tier. We could not say that last year.
    Also, the future looks bright with all our young players. Give Johnson credit, the returning players seem to have improved. With SG, we had good young players but they didn't seem to get better (see 4 straight top seed NIT teams). Eddie and Van Zegeran really have shown remarkable improvement. Eddie had flashes for years, but this year seems to have raised all phases of his game. He had an inefficient game, but still won it for us.
    Raines seems to be the only exception to this. He just doesn't seem to contribute as much as he had in years past. I don't know if not playing is hurting his production, or he's not playing due to lack of production. If he could return to the offensive presence he was we could really be good. Him and JVZ could form a great offensive/defensive rotation.

We have to at least try to feed the ball inside. Raines is struggling, but it's difficult to get going when you only touch the ball 2 or 3 times a game. Our whole offense is high ball screens and shoot a 3 or go 1 on 1 if we don't get an open shot.

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    Great win guys. Played with heart and never gave up. And we beat them without Barksdale.

Nice to beat them in both Football and BBall.

I love this team.
    First place in the ACC! I guess I'll have to add another extra win to my preseason prediction now. It would be nice to beat VCU in Richmond.

Take it any way you can get it on the road.

Very nice win, just finished watching, I watched it on DVR after the Raven game ended. Getting contributions from nearly everybody right now, even Wood had his moments in this one.

First place in the ACC!

Quote Originally Posted by vatechcowpatty View Post
    I'll have to say, I was critical of the team the entire game. Felt like we stunk, we couldn't do anything right, Johnson was playing the wrong people, no game plan, shooting was cold, etc., etc. You know what? We won anyway. Imagine what we could do if things did go our way for 60 minutes. I guess I feel pretty good knowing we haven't reached our potential yet are winning anyway. Gives me confidence that on a hot shooting night at home we might be able to steal a win or two from the ACC's top tier. We could not say that last year.
    Also, the future looks bright with all our young players. Give Johnson credit, the returning players seem to have improved. With SG, we had good young players but they didn't seem to get better (see 4 straight top seed NIT teams). Eddie and Van Zegeran really have shown remarkable improvement. Eddie had flashes for years, but this year seems to have raised all phases of his game. He had an inefficient game, but still won it for us.
    Raines seems to be the only exception to this. He just doesn't seem to contribute as much as he had in years past. I don't know if not playing is hurting his production, or he's not playing due to lack of production. If he could return to the offensive presence he was we could really be good. Him and JVZ could form a great offensive/defensive rotation.
    SteveA

Nice comeback by the boys. Almost won it at the end of regulation too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
    Nice comeback by the boys. Almost won it at the end of regulation too.
    Would have if the officials checked the clock

Wood's been stepping it up in recent games. He's providing another 3 point threat with length to shoot over top of his defenders like Eddie, and he's giving us rebounding too. He looks like he's getting some confidence back now. Miami was scrambling late in the game trying to defend the perimeter against both of them in the lineup together. It will help bring defenses out when we need to open up the inside and can take advantage. If Wood ever develops the ability to put the ball down and drive its going to really give our offense another dimension. He just needs to keep working on his ball handling and get stronger.