Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member NCHokie83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02, 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,857

    Brutal reffing so far

    This game is not being called even, and that's the nicest thing I can say right now. That FSU goal was a complete setup by the refs that had neutral AAU coaches next to me appalled.
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

  2. #2

    Join Date
    November 07, 1999
    Posts
    8,652
    You would think they would have the best officials working these games but I don't see it so far.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    This game is not being called even, and that's the nicest thing I can say right now. That FSU goal was a complete setup by the refs that had neutral AAU coaches next to me appalled.
    What else could WE expect ...Damn shame too .

  4. #4

    Join Date
    November 07, 1999
    Posts
    8,652
    There's a pretty good women's soccer message board called bigsoccer.com. I have found the folks that post there are extremely knowledgeable about the women's soccer world, and a number of them are international.

    A couple of posts from last night:

    "That was a weak call. Was the goalscorer offside? Oh and the VT kid was nearly pulverized around the box but she gets called for the foul?! It's going to be a long night for the VT folks."

    "Oh man. VT got jobbed. Tremendous effort by the Hokies--they never gave up!"

    "Did Chugger insult the ref's family before the match? "

    RESPONSE: "..and then some, I suppose. The call that lead to the first FSU goal was "questionable" at best. Oh well, VT tried and almost pulled it off. Hats off to them. Really impressed with their continued fight, despite the shady officiating. "

    "Va Tech 17 fouls, FSU 10. Right.... "

    RESPONSE: "That was weird... I felt like the Center was constitutionally incapable of calling fouls on FSU. As neutral, it did not look neutral. ANyway, that was a very entertaining game. No head hanging called for."

    "Virginia Tech outplayed FSU in that match, but FSU got all the breaks. "

    "Yep. In the first 2 games between VT & FSU, I thought FSU was the better team and deserved the Ws. Tonight I really think VT was the better side."

    http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/t...996854/page-30

    Still a great seson for the Hokies. Just wish they were playing one more game.
    Last edited by VTChip; Sat Dec 07 2013 at 11:07 AM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    September 17, 2001
    Posts
    29,098
    Quote Originally Posted by VTChip View Post
    There's a pretty good women's soccer message board called bigsoccer.com. I have found the folks that post there are extremely knowledgeable about the women's soccer world, and a number of them are international.
    Undoubtedly, no Hoos posted there. Their board chatted about the thuggery of the VT women the whole game. Interesting that neutral AAU coaches in the stands and knowledgeable people on the blog saw it differently.
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

  6. #6

    Join Date
    November 07, 1999
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTurkey View Post
    Undoubtedly, no Hoos posted there. Their board chatted about the thuggery of the VT women the whole game. Interesting that neutral AAU coaches in the stands and knowledgeable people on the blog saw it differently.
    Yeah, I went by there after we got back. After the way they savored VT's loss, it was justice that they lost as well. Karma, baby!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •