As expected, FSU continues their "chippy" style of soccer

Can't stand the officials allow that style of play. Guess that's why soccer sux.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Can't stand the officials allow that style of play. Guess that's why soccer sux.
    Well they just allowed us to push off and score the first goal. So I guess we don't mind so much now?

And FSU was offsides on their goal. Good job linesman. Possibly 2 players, but definitely the goal scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    And FSU was offsides on their goal. Good job linesman. Possibly 2 players, but definitely the goal scorer.
    Not only offsides but the ref yelled at our girl to basically let her have room to make that play. And that's 2 minutes after overriding the side judge on an obvious FSU foul deep in their end.

I'm bothered by the one sidedness of the officials. Our girls get pushed off the ball and trampled and it's ok. We bump their hoes and immediately a free kick or indirect
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    Not only offsides but the ref yelled at our girl to basically let her have room to make that play. And that's 2 minutes after overriding the side judge on an obvious FSU foul deep in their end.

of course i turn on the game and FSU scores less than a minute later.
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

Well...can't get much unluckier than we did that game...total bull****.

The ball literally bounced off our goalies back into the goal. A lot of bad officiating but if one positive can come out of this it's the experience and recruiting boost for our women's soccer program. Let's get back and get the title next year
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd89 View Post
    Well...can't get much unluckier than we did that game...total bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHokieFan View Post
    The ball literally bounced off our goalies back into the goal. A lot of bad officiating but if one positive can come out of this it's the experience and recruiting boost for our women's soccer program. Let's get back and get the title next year
    I'm getting sick of FSU. Thank God we beat them in the ACC Championship game a few years back. They've beat us every other time I can think of when a championship is on the line. Wankers.

that goes back to even the old Metro Days. I recall a couple of times that the Hokies beat FSU home and away in the regular season and then was eliminated in the Metro Tourney by them.

Go Hokies!!