Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    For every one of "Dell's boys", there's about 10,000 kids who would get owned in ACC Bball. Those 160 lb non athletes will get gloved once Coach K sees them out on the floor. Curry's kids grew and worked their butts off to become athletes once they got to the big time, most kids won't.
    Slight difference now since you can't hand check anyone, but this kid is still likely a reach. He'd need some PG skills.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

I know Caleb Tanner well...I am currently at a DIII school and we are recruiting Caleb. His lack of size and "tweener" skill set would keep him from being a mid-major D1 prospect, much less a high-major. His scoring skills are without question. But even as a "lowly" DIII, he is still 5th on our board at the PG spot, and third tier overall.

He would be someone worth offering a walk-on spot to for sure. I hope they don't for selfish reasons (ha!) but I wouldn't look to him as the second coming of Steph Curry

Lurker
    I also know Caleb Tanner well. He is the hardest working and dedicated ball player that I know. Also, he is a good of a person as he is a ball player.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Ditto in game 2...back to back games with 59 pts in each to open the season!

Tanner goes for 59 AGAIN vs. Pulaski Co.

only had 44 against cburg from every report ive read

He had 59 in first meeting, 44 in 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by dctitan49 View Post
    only had 44 against cburg from every report ive read
    That was their 2nd game vs. Cburg...he had 59 in the opener, about a week and a half ago, 44 Friday night vs. C'burg.

That was their 2nd game vs. Cburg...he had 59 in the opener, about a week and a half ago, 44 Friday night vs. C'burg.
    Man, C'burg must have really tightened up the Defense after game 1......tic

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Sounds exactly what we heard about Dell's boys. Too small...they'll never succeed in "big boy" basketball.
    Yeah, because all 6'1" guys grow over the summer
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    Yeah, this is what I don't understand. College basketball is filled with undersized guards that can shoot the lights out. Yeah, big athletic bodies are nice but there's always a need for a kid that can fill up the basket from 3 point range like they're shooting layups. You could say that Adam Smith is undersized and he's certainly fitting in well for us.

If this kid has Curry-type skills, I hope they don't let him get away like we did the Curry boys. That still irks me to no end.
    Me, too, no matter how many times people would tell whoever complained to let it go. It was characteristic of the personality conflicts that seem to have been the reason Seth was let go. Losing the legacy (yes we know all the other schools did not line up for them out of high school) was devastating. Had they both come to Tech, things would have turned out very differently.
    I say give the kid a shot. JJ and his coaches appear to be able to recognize under-rated kids who can play.

Game 1: 59, game 2: 59; game 3: 27; game 4: 44; game 5: 52 pts

Avg 48.2 ppg thru 5 games

Game 1: 59, game 2: 59; game 3: 27; game 4: 44; game 5: 52 pts

Avg 48.2 ppg thru 5 games
    50 in game 6.
    Now averaging 48.5 ppg
    He will really be challenged defensively by Radford (state champs) tonight though and they already know him well. I think they held him under 20 once last year.