Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vthokieq View Post
    Pearl's was 3 years I believe...I think it expires next August.
    Still don't want him.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Let someone else take a chance on him.

Good thing we don't have to worry about picking out a new coach right now!

At the end of the day, there's a reason Seth once stated that 7-8 years is about the most he envisioned himself at one school. When you have a personality as strong as Seth's, you're inevitably going to start clashing with the masses.

And Seth's track record at his 2 previous stops was he didn't make the tourney. He was consistent

And Raines just tweeted he misses Seth

Quote Originally Posted by HokieJamie View Post
    That's always a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieJamie View Post
    Hope he enjoyed his recent pine time...I'd guess it's going to continue

Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    Hope he enjoyed his recent pine time...I'd guess it's going to continue
    I don't get while he's on the team?

Raines can hoop but something has happened that he made JJ upset. I feel bad for him because it's his senior year and he would have continued to do well under Seth and probably wouldn't be spinning his wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoakie82 View Post
    I don't get while he's on the team?

Good thread, thanks for input.

I guess I'm just bummed that VT doesn't have that thing about them since Greenberg left. Yea, they didn't get in the tourney and they were screwed a few times, but there was a certain excitement about the program that died when he left. It's of no fault of JJ, but I now have the feeling of staring down the cellar as opposed to being a competitive giant killer.

Just seemed like the program had a lot of momentum and the firing had such bad timing that all excitement died. I don't think JJ has done a bad job at all, especially since he was left with nothing. Also like the fact that the team scores now and, for the most part, wins the early season games they are suppose to.

I just wonder, with Weaver leaving (finally), how much of a leash will JJ have? I know a few people above mentioned someone like Pearl and (if JJ doesn't pan out) IMO it would be dumb to not want a guy like that. He is energetic, brings attention to the program, and can pump up a fan base typically accustomed to football success. I just don't think you can succeed in the ACC trying to use the same formula as Duke/UNC because you're never going to compete (especially with UL/SU/Pitt all in now) so you have to shake things up.