Eddie eddie eddie

Let's show some love to Jarell Eddie who has upped his game this year! Just hit a new career high in points tonight with 34 on a deadly 13-18 night, 6-8 from beyond the arc. Glad to see this kid reach his offensive potential!

Year GP GS Made-Att Pct. Made-Att Pct. Made-Att Pct. Off Def Total Avg. Tot. Avg. TO Blk Stl Tot. Avg. Min.
    2010-2011 27 0 25-68 .368 7-32 .219 22-32 .688 18 41 59 2.2 13 0.5 17 9 4 79 2.9 295
    2011-2012 33 32 93-219 .425 54-122 .443 59-68 .868 17 142 159 4.8 46 1.4 47 14 17 299 9.1 900
    2012-2013 32 28 131-331 .396 51-159 .321 80-95 .842 34 144 178 5.6 42 1.3 66 24 11 393 12.3 970
    2013-2014 9 9 59-129 .457 29-58 .500 22-26 .846 10 52 62 6.9 13 1.4 13 7 3 169 18.8 285

Wow very impressive. He has been outstanding this year. He could get himself drafted if he keeps this up or at worst he is making himself a lot of money in europe. Though I remember thinking the samething last year and then he completely fell off

Playing some point guard tonight, after spending most of the first two years at power forward. Gotta say, he's one of the most versatile guys we've ever had. I can't recall anyone playing the 1,2,3, and 4 spots. Deron maybe played 2,3, and 4, but that's it. I'm not sure if he ever played the 2 (other than guarding the other team's 2 while on defense).

Quote Originally Posted by savior23 View Post
    Wow very impressive. He has been outstanding this year. He could get himself drafted if he keeps this up or at worst he is making himself a lot of money in europe. Though I remember thinking the samething last year and then he completely fell off
    Yeah, I hate to knock a guy in a thread that's praising him, but the past 3 years, Eddie has basically been a midmajor killer. His combination of size, athleticism, and shooting ability can't be matched by these teams, no matter if he's a guard, wing, or power forward. He's a major mismatch in some way at any position. An agile, shooting power forward, or a giant guard/wing. Unfortunately, when league play starts, the ACC teams have an equal to shut him down. Maybe this year will be different, but we'll find out next game.

AD Vasilllo? He could really knock the lights out too. I still can't believe Erick Green had to spend a year in Europe. Just shows how big the gap is to the NBA. Eddie is probably gunna have to go that route but I hope he tears it up and gets drafted
    Quote Originally Posted by vatechcowpatty View Post
    Playing some point guard tonight, after spending most of the first two years at power forward. Gotta say, he's one of the most versatile guys we've ever had. I can't recall anyone playing the 1,2,3, and 4 spots. Deron maybe played 2,3, and 4, but that's it. I'm not sure if he ever played the 2 (other than guarding the other team's 2 while on defense).

A lethal shooter and big-time scorer just waiting to come out.

Very cool. Eddie stepped up right when we needed him to. But kudos to the whole team. Playing without two of their top scorers (Emelogu & Smith), they were primed to be upset. Winthrop was hot and playing with confidence and when they made that run in the 2nd half to cut the lead to one, Eddie caught fire and hit some big buckets. Wilson also played hard and without much of a blow. You could see him dragging in the last 10 minutes. JVZ played hard and scored some nice baskets and had some nice blocks.

I really like this team and the way they're playing, moving the ball around well on offense and helping and collapsing on defense. I just hope everyone gets healthy and remains healthy for the whole season and Rankin gets back in the lineup. With everyone on the team out there and available, we could make some noise in the conference.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    Very cool. Eddie stepped up right when we needed him to. But kudos to the whole team. Playing without two of their top scorers (Emelogu & Smith), they were primed to be upset. Winthrop was hot and playing with confidence and when they made that run in the 2nd half to cut the lead to one, Eddie caught fire and hit some big buckets. Wilson also played hard and without much of a blow. You could see him dragging in the last 10 minutes. JVZ played hard and scored some nice baskets and had some nice blocks.

I really like this team and the way they're playing, moving the ball around well on offense and helping and collapsing on defense. I just hope everyone gets healthy and remains healthy for the whole season and Rankin gets back in the lineup. With everyone on the team out there and available, we could make some noise in the conference.
    But this is the worst team in ACC History!

All jokes aside, these freshman were the X-factor and they are playing better than anyone expected. Eddie has stepped up the past couple games and played complete games. His problem has been he plays one good half, one non-existent. If he can contribute the whole 40 minutes like last night, this team is going to win some ball games in conference, starting on Sunday with a good chance in that one.

Yeah, I hate to knock a guy in a thread that's praising him, but the past 3 years, Eddie has basically been a midmajor killer. His combination of size, athleticism, and shooting ability can't be matched by these teams, no matter if he's a guard, wing, or power forward. He's a major mismatch in some way at any position. An agile, shooting power forward, or a giant guard/wing. Unfortunately, when league play starts, the ACC teams have an equal to shut him down. Maybe this year will be different, but we'll find out next game.
    I like Eddie, but that's my fear as well. He got off to a good start last year, but then the wheels came off when the competition got tougher. We couldn't afford that last year, and we really can't afford it this year.

A minor positive sign from last night--he missed his first two shots before getting on a roll. I'm hopeful that he'll keep shooting positively even in the dry spells.

Didn't we already get a glimpse?

Unfortunately, when league play starts, the ACC teams have an equal to shut him down. Maybe this year will be different, but we'll find out next game.
    Michigan State is no slouch, and he single-handedly kept us in the game (for as long as we were in the game).