Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheking View Post
    There's no way around it. If you are Scot Loeffler you have to be at least a little embarrassed by how good Auburn has been just one year after he was the OC.

That doesn't mean Loeffler is not a good coach, but the fact is that Loeffler left and Auburn almost immediately got MUCH better.
    Only someone who doesn't look at the details would come to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofcassell View Post
    War eagle
    No he is on the same level as Stiney. I see very little difference. And to be a super QB coach, he did little for Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    I think technically players who attend Fork Union or Hargrave for 1 year are considered JUCOs even though it does not have the same stigma associated with your stereotypical JUCO player.
    Fork Union and Hargrave are not considered JUCO. Players from those schools still have full eligibility available (5 years to play 4).

'07 national champions typed by ben's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahvatech View Post
    No he is on the same level as Stiney. I see very little difference. And to be a super QB coach, he did little for Logan.
    logan, who also spent 4 years under mike ocain... 6 months under loeffler
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by 133697Hokie View Post
    My father went to VT. My uncle went to VT. My brother-in-law went to VT. I went to VT. My son went to VT. I saw my first VT game in 1962. Can you top that? First time in my life anybody's ever called me a Hoo.

How can you expect Loeffler to fix in 6 months what he was taught his entire college career? Loeffler's real impact will be seen with what he does with the underclassmen and QBs coming in next year.

Kevin Mcadam was not a juco, he transferred here from another D1 school.

Ricky Hall was a juco guy.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Loeffler , Grimes and Moorehead are all upgrades from our previous staff, both recruiting and scheme

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePoq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    Are you sure VT doesn't have the option to sign JUCO players or did you mean that VT (Beamer) does not want to actively recruit JUCOs? I ask because I can think of a couple JUCO players (i.e. Kevin McCadam) who have played for VT. I think technically players who attend Fork Union or Hargrave for 1 year are considered JUCOs even though it does not have the same stigma associated with your stereotypical JUCO player.
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I don't think it's the football program's decision here. I had heard it was academic related. Perhaps someone in the know could tell us about this. Corey Moore is the best example of a successful JUCO transfer, along with McCadam who had to go JUCO due to a family crisis, not academics.
    To the OP's question, no. SL was only there one year, not time to recruit his own players or put in his own system. He had no good QB.
    And someone on another thread rightly pointed out that the OL that's making it all happen at Auburn was coached by Coach Grimes.
    As to the Moorehead hire, I can see the improvement in the receivers from the beginning of the year when he had only one experienced (yet injured) receiver in Coles. I like what I have seen.
    REALLY liked what I heard Beamer say last night on TTL....that this is best group of recruiters he's ever worked with!

FUMA and Hargrave are Prep schools. It's like another year of high school, basically. The only to earn college credits in a Prep school is by taking AP courses and exams or by dual enrollment (if that's even possible). They are not JUCOs and they do not count against college eligibility like a JUCO does.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ilityRules.pdf

The link above describes the eligibility standards for the ACC. The best I can tell, these are more stringent than other conferences... particularly in that we can't accept more than two JUCO transfers in any sport during any academic year, if I'm reading that right. Secondly, JUCO transfers have to prove themselves academically to be eligible in the ACC: they have to earn their Associates Degree before transferring. Considering most kids who failed to qualify after High School (forcing them to take the JUCO route) are just not built for higher education, finding JUCO players who will meet ACC eligibility standards is going to be a rare feat.

I know the SEC isn't that stringent as there are some SEC programs who may have as many as 16 JUCO players on their roster at a given moment, that's literally impossible in the ACC, where there appears to be a 4-player cap on JUCO transfers (JUCOs rotate out every two years). Anyway, the majority of ACC programs have zero JUCO transfers and the ones that do have them don't have anywhere near the numbers the SEC schools do.

Executive summary: the ACC makes it very difficult on member schools to replenish their rosters with JUCO players. While we have the option to sign a couple of JUCO transfers, it's tough to find them and you can't take very many of them. In the end, it's hardly worth the time or effort to go out and find these kids who couldn't cut it in high school and somehow managed to earn a two year degree after catching academic religion.
    Last edited by Hokie CPA; Tue Dec 03 2013 at 03:38 PM.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheking View Post
    There's no way around it. If you are Scot Loeffler you have to be at least a little embarrassed by how good Auburn has been just one year after he was the OC.

That doesn't mean Loeffler is not a good coach, but the fact is that Loeffler left and Auburn almost immediately got MUCH better.
    Amazing what having a competent QB does for a team. Did you bother comparing the two seasons at a level beyond the scoring stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Rahvatech View Post
    Perhaps your vision is the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    FUMA and Hargrave are Prep schools. It's like another year of high school, basically. The only to earn college credits in a Prep school is by taking AP courses and exams or by dual enrollment (if that's even possible). They are not JUCOs and they do not count against college eligibility like a JUCO does.
    Does that mean if a recruit signs with a school and decides to attend prep school, then the schools retains the player's commitment for the following recruiting class?