Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So...are we going to be sitting players against Winthrop?

I just want to know in advance so I don't sit there wondering all game why Raines isn't playing. Anybody have any insight into how the team is being run these days? It seems like JJ is trying to set a standard...is it working? Is he in the right or is he overreacting? Just curious (and admittedly afraid we're going to play another season shorthanded).

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterAC View Post
    I just want to know in advance so I don't sit there wondering all game why Raines isn't playing. Anybody have any insight into how the team is being run these days? It seems like JJ is trying to set a standard...is it working? Is he in the right or is he overreacting? Just curious (and admittedly afraid we're going to play another season shorthanded).
    Mike Barber's talking about that right now on Twitter. Apparently Raines was available last game and isn't being punished for breaking team rules or anything like that. JJ says JVZ and Thompson have been more productive, and Raines has to work to get back in.

https://twitter.com/RTD_MikeBarber

I'm pretty sure Rankin's still out. Emelogu is questionable again with post concussion symptoms.

JJ said on the radio today that Raines has to work harder and be more productive. Sounds to me like CR doesn't do what JJ asks of him and the other guys who do are getting more PT.

I hope Emelogu sits until he is 100%... brain injuries are no joke. He has a long way to go in life to rush something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 313A View Post
    Mike Barber's talking about that right now on Twitter. Apparently Raines was available last game and isn't being punished for breaking team rules or anything like that. JJ says JVZ and Thompson have been more productive, and Raines has to work to get back in.

I'm pretty sure Rankin's still out. Emelogu is questionable again with post concussion symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by No1Hokie View Post
    I hope Emelogu sits until he is 100%... brain injuries are no joke. He has a long way to go in life to rush something like that.
    Yeah, sounds like he had a concussion in preseason practice & sat out for a while. Then he hit his head vs. Seton Hall and started having symptoms again. Sucks to not have him, but with two concussions in close proximity, it's time to be really cautious.

And a commenter on The Key Play just said that Smith's out tonight with an injury. Not sure if that's true, but if it is we're quickly getting back to what every VT fan knows and loves with as many schollie players out of the game as in it.

And a commenter on The Key Play just said that Smith's out tonight with an injury. Not sure if that's true, but if it is we're quickly getting back to what every VT fan knows and loves with as many schollie players out of the game as in it.
    suuuper. maybe it's a good thing we aren't playing in the acc/big 10 challenge.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

That's nuts.

I did read the Berman article on Raines sitting out today. I'm glad that JVZ and TT are hustling and doing what JJ wants them to do, but it's disconcerting that he's not getting through to CR. I still think CR is our best low-post guy and our best option to win games in ACC play (provided he puts in the work). I hope JJ can get him back.

We're not winning this game w/o Smith and Emelogu. I guess the uncertainty of our lineup is why I can't find a point spread for the game?

That's nuts.

I did read the Berman article on Raines sitting out today. I'm glad that JVZ and TT are hustling and doing what JJ wants them to do, but it's disconcerting that he's not getting through to CR. I still think CR is our best low-post guy and our best option to win games in ACC play (provided he puts in the work). I hope JJ can get him back.
    Just to avoid confusion, the article didn't say Raines would sit out today. It said he wouldn't start, but he could play. JVZ and TT would play first though.