Glad to see JoeyvZ get some good minutes . A big man project is finally paying ROI

His dunks tonight vs Furman reminded me of his recruiting highlight video we saw when he first signed.
    Born and bred a Hokie

And Devin Wilson, 11 assists with some incredible passes & only one TO.
    Quote Originally Posted by VTCC 65 View Post
    His dunks tonight vs Furman reminded me of his recruiting highlight video we saw when he first signed.
    Born and bred a Hokie

Quote Originally Posted by VTCC 65 View Post
    And Devin Wilson, 11 assists with some incredible passes & only one TO.
    Yep, nice to see VZ have a good game when Raines and Thompson chose not to show up. Why did Raines only get three minutes? Is he hurt?
    Overall, I think this is an impressive game for the Hokies. Furman is no powerhouse but we were playing without Emelogu and Rankin and still won by 20. I like the way we're running the offense. The team is aggressively passing the ball around the perimeter, finding the open man and not creating a lot of turnovers. All this with a freshman point guard.
    We're hitting 45% of our FGs and actually hitting a higher percentage of our 3pt FGs. When's the last time that happened?
    And also what's impressive is that ten Hokies are averaging at least 10 minutes a game. Coach Johnson finally has a full roster from which to work with.

Now, granted, a lot of that will change once we get into the Conference schedule but I think the play so far bodes well for Coach Johnson and the future of Hokie BBall.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    Yep, nice to see VZ have a good game when Raines and Thompson chose not to show up. Why did Raines only get three minutes? Is he hurt?
    JJ characterized it as "coach's decision" in the postgame with Bill.
    Overall, I think this is an impressive game for the Hokies. Furman is no powerhouse but we were playing without Emelogu and Rankin and still won by 20.
    Agreed. We did what we were supposed to do. Took control early and never relinquished it. Also, Rankin wasn't even on the bench for this game...I know it's Thanksgiving break, but...
    I like the way we're running the offense. The team is aggressively passing the ball around the perimeter, finding the open man and not creating a lot of turnovers. All this with a freshman point guard.
    We're hitting 45% of our FGs and actually hitting a higher percentage of our 3pt FGs. When's the last time that happened?
    I like that we clearly made adjustments at the half. The guys came out determined to push the pace.

It was fun hearing how many times the Furman coach yelled out "shooter!!" when Eddie or Smith were open on the perimeter.
    And also what's impressive is that ten Hokies are averaging at least 10 minutes a game. Coach Johnson finally has a full roster from which to work with.

Now, granted, a lot of that will change once we get into the Conference schedule but I think the play so far bodes well for Coach Johnson and the future of Hokie BBall.
    It is fun to see such balanced contribution. Hopefully the balance and hot shooting don't drop as precipitously as they did last year... </knockonwood>

Hopefully he continues improving, might even develop into a starter by his senior season, that would surprise me though. But if he makes a solid back up it would be a success