Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Tonight's game vs. Furman. Thoughts/Expectations?

    So Furman is 2-2, with wins over Sewanee and Gardner Webb, and losses to Florida Gulf Coast and College of Charleston. From the stats so far, it looks like they play at a slow pace. Their 1 point loss to FGCU is a bit worrying, as FGCU (Dunk City) went surprisingly deep in the tourney last year.

    Does anyone know anything about Furman? What should we expect from this game?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    October 09, 1999
    Posts
    39,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie de NC View Post
    So Furman is 2-2, with wins over Sewanee and Gardner Webb, and losses to Florida Gulf Coast and College of Charleston. From the stats so far, it looks like they play at a slow pace. Their 1 point loss to FGCU is a bit worrying, as FGCU (Dunk City) went surprisingly deep in the tourney last year.

    Does anyone know anything about Furman? What should we expect from this game?
    Don't know much about them but I did glance at their schedule and we look like one of the toughest teams they face. They may be really up for this game being it's in-state.

    We've got three relatively easy games coming up before Miami Hurricanes and we should win all three. But there's no telling with this team with it's youth and inexperience. Word is Emelogu is dealing with the flu and may not play. Also, Rankin is still out. I wish I knew why Coach Johnson was holding him out. We really need another PG in the lineup to spell Wilson.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.

  3. #3
    Pylons's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2005
    Posts
    7,003
    Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    They may be really up for this game being it's in-state.
    Furman is in SC.

    Ferrum is in VA (and is D-III)

  4. #4
    RapmasterAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 09, 2003
    Location
    Topic View
    Posts
    10,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie de NC View Post
    So Furman is 2-2, with wins over Sewanee and Gardner Webb, and losses to Florida Gulf Coast and College of Charleston. From the stats so far, it looks like they play at a slow pace. Their 1 point loss to FGCU is a bit worrying, as FGCU (Dunk City) went surprisingly deep in the tourney last year.

    Does anyone know anything about Furman? What should we expect from this game?
    Expect nothing and hope for the best.

    With Ben out this becomes a dicey proposition. Adam Smith is going to get a ton of minutes tonight, Eddie as well. F Rankin.

  5. #5
    Hubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 01, 2003
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA (757!!)
    Posts
    8,990
    Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterAC View Post
    F Rankin.
    We are starting Rankin at one of the forward spots? Wow!
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    We are starting Rankin at one of the forward spots? Wow!
    Maybe Coach Johnson plans to use reverse psychology on his opponents. If you was the opposing head coach, then just imagine all the thoughts running through your mind if you saw this VT lineup:

    PG - van Zegeren
    SG - Thompson
    SF - Wilson
    PF - Rankin
    C - Smith

  7. #7
    RapmasterAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 09, 2003
    Location
    Topic View
    Posts
    10,412
    Quote Originally Posted by hubman View Post
    we are starting rankin at one of the forward spots? Wow!
    lol

  8. #8

    Join Date
    January 15, 2011
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterAC View Post
    Expect nothing and hope for the best.

    With Ben out this becomes a dicey proposition. Adam Smith is going to get a ton of minutes tonight, Eddie as well. F Rankin.
    Will Johnston could get decent minutes. He should be able to hold his own on D a little better against this type of team.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    January 27, 2001
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by 313A View Post
    Will Johnston could get decent minutes. He should be able to hold his own on D a little better against this type of team.
    Nice to see that we're working on refining our offensive post game tonight. Huge crowd in attendance.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    January 15, 2011
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    Nice to see that we're working on refining our offensive post game tonight. Huge crowd in attendance.
    Yeah... not sure why they're so reluctant to take the ball inside the 3 point arc with this size advantage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •