Sooo the Final Four is on TBS/TNT/TruTV...

Does that mean we get Gus Johnson and Jay Bilas. I would literally pay money to listen to a game called by those two combined.

For those who haven't heard. The final Four will be on TBS with the network broadcast team. The game will be on TNT/TruTV with the homer squad for each team. So if VT made the Final Four (I know, they won't) Bill and Mike would be on TNT, the opponents radio squad would be on TruTV. I think that's cool for the fans following the team, but past that, waste of air time.

Edit: This post brought to you by a commercial I just saw, full of Gus Johnson quotes.

Have they determined it would be the radio call on television? I imagine that could be a rights issue. Also, Gus is no longer with CBS. He is now exclusively FOX. I believe the same can be said about Bilas on espn although he did both networks for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DCU_Hokie View Post
    Have they determined it would be the radio call on television? I imagine that could be a rights issue. Also, Gus is no longer with CBS. He is now exclusively FOX. I believe the same can be said about Bilas on espn although he did both networks for years.
    yeah. Gus is busy botching terminology and pronunciations in European Soccer games...but when there is build up for a goal, and god forbid, an actual goal, Gus is typical Gus...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013...our-telecasts/

I think you're reading too much into what was said. It doesn't say they are using the school's broadcasters, just that they will have camera angles and announcers customized to the team. That could merely mean they pick 2 of their regular announcers but they give that 1 team's side of everything.

Nothing said about the regular national broadcast. CBS still has the title game.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieJamie View Post
    http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013...our-telecasts/

I think you're reading too much into what was said. It doesn't say they are using the school's broadcasters, just that they will have camera angles and announcers customized to the team. That could merely mean they pick 2 of their regular announcers but they give that 1 team's side of everything.

Nothing said about the regular national broadcast. CBS still has the title game.
    Whoever I heard it from, explained it that way with the homer broadcasters. I hadn't read up anything official about it.

As for the other two guys, I had forgotton ESPN had 'franchised' Bilas so he only does ESPN games, but I didn't think Fox had done that with Johnson. They get people from all over to do those games since there are so many (or they did on CBS). I think it kind of sucks though they are doing the Final Four on cable channels. I'll be interested to see the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    Whoever I heard it from, explained it that way with the homer broadcasters. I hadn't read up anything official about it.

As for the other two guys, I had forgotten ESPN had 'franchised' Bilas so he only does ESPN games, but I didn't think Fox had done that with Johnson. They get people from all over to do those games since there are so many (or they did on CBS). I think it kind of sucks though they are doing the Final Four on cable channels. I'll be interested to see the ratings.
    BCS moved to ESPN years ago, they have a case example to work with, i'm sure ratings will be just fine.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

i would bet steve kerr is the analyst for the final 4 games. he did them last year. maybe him and marv albert.