3pt defense still appears to be a major issue

There is always a WIDE open 3 available with this zone defense JJ runs. This was the issue last year and it appears nothing has changed

If it's a 2-3 zone you just put more on the perimeter than they can cover. It's really simple . Then when the forwards crash out to help, boom you slip some one in the middle for an easy jam. A 3-2 is much better it
    in my mind but we don't have the big guys to run it. Maybe when JVZ and Trevor Thompson beef up we can

Quote Originally Posted by savior23 View Post
    There is always a WIDE open 3 available with this zone defense JJ runs. This was the issue last year and it appears nothing has changed

Looked like a 1 - 2 - 1 zone where the corners are vulnerable. He only went to zone when game was a blowout. I don't believe we'll run a zone except as a change for certain limited times in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer74 View Post
    Looked like a 1 - 2 - 1 zone where the corners are vulnerable. He only went to zone when game was a blowout. I don't believe we'll run a zone except as a change for certain limited times in a game.
    A zone helps keep your legs for the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer74 View Post
    Yea that makes sense. I only really noticed it towards the end of the game

Explains why Syracuse stays so fresh during march madness
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    A zone helps keep your legs for the next day.