Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: VT vs. MSU

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    Is Raines a true center though? He seems more a power forward.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Hard to believe this was 31-30 at one point. Turnover numbers will be brutal.
    The stat sheet reads only 14, although it seems like more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    The stat sheet reads only 14, although it seems like more than that.
    14 is enough, and almost all of them are recorded as steals. Haven't been very impressed with us on the defensive end, even when we're not given them easy breakaway dunks.

Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    He kind of looks like a freshman playing against a #1 ranked team tonight.
    No question about it.

Mental errors show lack lack of focus. Turnovers are unacceptable. We just got whooped this game. Our defense isn't there. We don't have the talent

I'm not sure what most of you expected, but I was one of the only ones who thought this game would be less than a 20pt loss. I'm not surprised in the least with this. It was an experience game for these young guys. I hope they learned a lot from a team that has 11 returning starters. Sure I'm disappointed how many mistakes were made, but if you're going to lose by 19 pts, that's how it's going to look. Hopefully they'll learn quick and get a W vs Seton Hall.

Completely agree, anyone who thinks we're even in the same stratosphere as MSU is certifiably insane. Hopefully we'll bounce back tonight against Seton Hall and see some nice team resilience. MSU is the best team in the country and the played like it, loaded with seniors who just beat ESPN's "greatest team ever assembled" in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    I'm not sure what most of you expected, but I was one of the only ones who thought this game would be less than a 20pt loss. I'm not surprised in the least with this. It was an experience game for these young guys. I hope they learned a lot from a team that has 11 returning starters. Sure I'm disappointed how many mistakes were made, but if you're going to lose by 19 pts, that's how it's going to look. Hopefully they'll learn quick and get a W vs Seton Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    Nice to see that margin tightened up a bit at the end...looks better on paper than the 30 point deficit MSU had opened up. MSU is a really good team and the positive to take is that we gave them a good game for 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHokieFan View Post
    Mental errors show lack lack of focus. Turnovers are unacceptable. We just got whooped this game. Our defense isn't there. We don't have the talent
    Honestly, looking at those turnovers when they happened, sure some were mental errors, but some were just due to the fact that we were playing against a more talented team with better athletes.
    SteveA