Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

T or F: Joey Van Z no longer a "project", now he's a real player

No, maybe not an ACC caliber starter, but clearly someone who can get a lot of minutes and contribute all year.

Like what I've seen so far....
    SteveA

He tries very hard and has the body for it. I like him as a defensive force after by next year, offensively I'm not sure he'll come around for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInBaltimore View Post
    No, maybe not an ACC caliber starter, but clearly someone who can get a lot of minutes and contribute all year.

He has officially moved from "project" to "work in progress" in my book... definitely worthy of PT on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInBaltimore View Post

(Speaking of Dutch players) Always thought Crabby would have gotten significant minutes if he had returned for his senior season. I think he would have been best suited as a 3.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

JVZ definitely has more game game than Krabby even without reaching the magical length border of seven feet.

With Joe Spinks, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    (Speaking of Dutch players) Always thought Crabby would have gotten significant minutes if he had returned for his senior season. I think he would have been best suited as a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by No1Hokie View Post
    JVZ definitely has more game game than Krabby even without reaching the magical length border of seven feet.

With Joe Spinks, man!
    No doubt! Joey is playing very well! Probably has the most blocks on the team.
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Disagree. Joey is a much better player, better athlete. Crabby was just tall. I think I saw a ball land on his head one time when it bounced off the backboard. Joey is playing good defense and hit some clutch free throws tonight, too.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePoq View Post
    Disagree. Joey is a much better player, better athlete. Crabby was just tall. I think I saw a ball land on his head one time when it bounced off the backboard. Joey is playing good defense and hit some clutch free throws tonight, too.
    Just to be very clear, I never said, nor implied that Crabby was better than JVZ. Not sure how you inferred that from my post. I just thought he would have finally gotten significant minutes his senior season. (I also didn't post that Crabby would be in the starting lineup, but I do think Joey has an excellent chance of starting...maybe not this year, but before he graduates...maybe next year?)
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by No1Hokie View Post
    He has officially moved from "project" to "work in progress" in my book... definitely worthy of PT on this team.
    I agree with this statement. Still work to be done on the offensive side of the ball, but I like the defense.

I think he is no longer a project, however he has not shown himself to be starter material yet either. Right now he is looking like a quality, career backup. Nothing wrong with that. Would love to see him grow into a starter. But will be surprised if it happens.