Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Edgeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    49,228
    WCU bench looks pretty dejected.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

  2. #22
    this is where coaching is involved....ahem. maybe we win but Johnson needs to control his team better. They are turning the ball over, over-dribbling, and making bad decisions. Coaches stop runs but calling TOs, DEMANDING the team run certain things.

  3. #23
    Smith is going to be hot and cold. He might be good against WVU but is going to be erratic because he is a hot-dog. over-dribbling. forcing things.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Posts
    2,916
    If we just play a little... i mean tiny little bit... of defense from here on out and hit like, i don't know, even half of our free throws... we could still pull this out.

    Quote Originally Posted by VAHokie89 View Post
    this is where coaching is involved....ahem. maybe we win but Johnson needs to control his team better. They are turning the ball over, over-dribbling, and making bad decisions. Coaches stop runs but calling TOs, DEMANDING the team run certain things.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 30, 2012
    Posts
    646
    We just need to make the free ones, if we shot the same % we did against WVU we'd be up 20 still.

    Quote Originally Posted by No1Hokie View Post
    If we just play a little... i mean tiny little bit... of defense from here on out and hit like, i don't know, even half of our free throws... we could still pull this out.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Posts
    2,916
    Looks like Smith is going to get some run at the 1 this year... probably a good thing for him and for the team long term. Hope he adjusts his game accordingly... he could be nasty there if he makes the adjustment.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    January 27, 2001
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by No1Hokie View Post
    Looks like Smith is going to get some run at the 1 this year... probably a good thing for him and for the team long term. Hope he adjusts his game accordingly... he could be nasty there if he makes the adjustment.
    At least until Rankin returns, having him spend some time at the 1 is pretty much a necessity.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Posts
    2,916
    Thompson really stepped up tonight against a smallish, tired team in foul trouble, but it was a very promising showing IMO.

    It has been a loooooong time since I remember VT having three true bigs with solid contributions in the same game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •