Interesting quote by Steger

Steger told reporters Tuesday night that the Hokies’ athletics budget of approximately $65 million could grow to nearly $100 million “in a few more years,” -per David Teel

Obviously he knows,something we don't. My best guess is an ACC network. The conference is simply too large and too competitive across all sports to not support a network. Of course he could also be referring to a new division with separate contracts. Either way, they are planning for massive growth under next AD.

I agree very interesting comment

Also a ad with experience in tv sports networks .. I also see ability to raise money .. This is a quite the increase in athletic budget .. And looks like vt got a great vision on the type of leaders they want.. Which is probably much different than most folks on this board..

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHokie View Post
    Steger told reporters Tuesday night that the Hokies’ athletics budget of approximately $65 million could grow to nearly $100 million “in a few more years,” -per David Teel

Obviously he knows,something we don't. My best guess is an ACC network. The conference is simply too large and too competitive across all sports to not support a network. Of course he could also be referring to a new division with separate contracts. Either way, they are planning for massive growth under next AD.