Question about basketball parking on Friday...

Would someone be able to park in Lot 2 or Chicken Hill after 5pm on Friday evening without a pass?

Usually all of the lots are cleared ahead of home football games and no new parking is allowed after 5pm, but because there is a basketball game on Friday, I'm curious if Lot2/ChickenHill are still the public lots for basketball or if they get roped off at 5pm for football.
    twitter: @hokietapes

Quote Originally Posted by hokietapes View Post
    Would someone be able to park in Lot 2 or Chicken Hill after 5pm on Friday evening without a pass?

Usually all of the lots are cleared ahead of home football games and no new parking is allowed after 5pm, but because there is a basketball game on Friday, I'm curious if Lot2/ChickenHill are still the public lots for basketball or if they get roped off at 5pm for football.
    i'll expand the question by simply asking: if i have no parking pass (for MBB or football), where will parking be available Friday evening? i will be taking my 7 year old son to his first game (and my first game in over a decade).

TIA
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    i'll expand the question by simply asking: if i have no parking pass (for MBB or football), where will parking be available Friday evening? i will be taking my 7 year old son to his first game (and my first game in over a decade).

TIA
    My guess would be Lots 2 & 5 will be open. Also, have women's soccer game on Friday evening. You most likely will have to leave the lots by 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJHokie View Post
    My guess would be Lots 2 & 5 will be open. Also, have women's soccer game on Friday evening. You most likely will have to leave the lots by 10:00 PM.
    2 and 5...? landmarks?
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

2 and 5...? landmarks?
    Both lots are behind the south end zone. Lot 2 directly behind the SEZ and lot 5 across the road next to Chicken Hill. Lot 4 next to the softball field and track might be available, but generally that lot is a permit lot for basketball.

Both lots are behind the south end zone. Lot 2 directly behind the SEZ and lot 5 across the road next to Chicken Hill. Lot 4 next to the softball field and track might be available, but generally that lot is a permit lot for basketball.
    perfect, thank you!

what's the on site/outside ticket sales scene been the past year or 2? i'm only 75% sure i'll make it down in time, so i'm holding out. can they scan stub hub tickets from a smart phone if i'm unable to print?

perfect, thank you!

what's the on site/outside ticket sales scene been the past year or 2? i'm only 75% sure i'll make it down in time, so i'm holding out. can they scan stub hub tickets from a smart phone if i'm unable to print?
    Should not have much trouble getting tickets. I usually see a fair number of folks trying to sell them near the gates. I am not sure about scanning tickets from a smart phone. Maybe someone else knows the answer to that question. Or, you might call the ticket office and ask them. I would be surprised if you could with the technology the ticket office uses!

This is what I was thinking as well.
    twitter: @hokietapes

Quote Originally Posted by hokietapes View Post

All lots are open for basketball games. The signs are up to make sure students move their cars. If they are not moved by like midnight, they are towed.