My thoughts on today's game...

1) Bunch of Freshman coming back from 17 is significantly impressive. I think we may surprise many this year.

2) FINALLY...we are back to true BB as it was played for 80 years or so. All this pushing and shoving with the forearm, hand checking, etc, will require a different skill set.

3) Teams better learn to hit their FTs, because most won't easily adjust to (2) above.

4) It's going to be fun to watch these guys grow over the next several years.

5) Team is having fun...except for those 2 sour pusses sitting on the bench with their coat and ties.

Quote Originally Posted by VPI63 View Post
    1) Bunch of Freshman coming back from 17 is significantly impressive. I think we may surprise many this year.

2) FINALLY...we are back to true BB as it was played for 80 years or so. All this pushing and shoving with the forearm, hand checking, etc, will require a different skill set.

3) Teams better learn to hit their FTs, because most won't easily adjust to (2) above.

4) It's going to be fun to watch these guys grow over the next several years.

5) Team is having fun...except for those 2 sour pusses sitting on the bench with their coat and ties.
    #2…. Agree completely. I hope they stick with the rule changes long enough for it to work. And it will work if given time. I really look forward to the effect it will have on recruiting. Fewer football players playing basketball will lead to a much better product for the fan. I also think this helps the have nots (like VT) to compete.

Amen to your point #2!

Quote Originally Posted by VPI63 View Post
    1)

Basketball is supposed to be a NON CONTACT sport. Since Georgetown rode the clutch-and-grab style of play to several final fours back in the 80's, there has been a slow, gradual decline in the quality of play. The season is still very young this year, but so far the games have been much more entertaining and had much more "flow". What a difference it makes when a sport actually decides to enforce its own rules!