Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CobbCountyHokie View Post
    I have watched this dumpster fire of a first half and this team is not good...at all. We cannot shoot, we cannot defend and that is quite the recipe for finishing 15th in a 15 team league. We do not have the talent and frankly it does not look like the recruiting to be even remotely competitive.

I am trying to find something positive to say but I just can't see anything. I know that Coach Seth got on some nerves but we NEVER looked this bad when he was on the bench. This team needs help ASAP! That crowd of 1,500 - 2,000 has to speak volumes as well.
    you were right about one half of basketball, but "worst team in ACC history" may be jumping the gun a bit. it's going to be a tough year, i have no doubt, but these guys are going to get better together and are building the foundation for 2015. there was as much to like about the 2nd half as there was to hate about the 1st half. let's ride this thing out and see where it goes.

great win, nonetheless. Go Hokies!
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by CobbCountyHokie View Post
    I have watched this dumpster fire of a first half and this team is not good...at all. We cannot shoot, we cannot defend and that is quite the recipe for finishing 15th in a 15 team league. We do not have the talent and frankly it does not look like the recruiting to be even remotely competitive.

I am trying to find something positive to say but I just can't see anything. I know that Coach Seth got on some nerves but we NEVER looked this bad when he was on the bench. This team needs help ASAP! That crowd of 1,500 - 2,000 has to speak volumes as well.
    They came back and won so maybe this young group is learning to play together. Worries me however that JJ says they have been working on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    Another one guilty of Premature Evaluation.
    Now that is funny, right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    Even when we were winning, I thought the product on the court was pretty ugly......
    Absolutely! In addition, Seth's team without a doubt would have lost this game today. When Seth's teams got down early they rarely found a way to really get back in the game. They would usually hover around that 7-12 point range and do something incredibly stupid to kill every run they would make.

With the topic at hand... and with our win over WVU (which granted, might be over one of the worst WVU teams in years)... I'm not even sure that we're the worst team in the ACC this year. BC is off to a pretty horrible start. Lost to Providence who isn't terrible... but then got hammered by UMASS. Granted, I'd be surprised if we finished higher than 14th... but I don't think we're going to be historically bad or anything either.

If we finish higher than 10th, Johnson needs to be in consideration for coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECHFAN View Post
    With the topic at hand... and with our win over WVU (which granted, might be over one of the worst WVU teams in years)... I'm not even sure that we're the worst team in the ACC this year. BC is off to a pretty horrible start. Lost to Providence who isn't terrible... but then got hammered by UMASS. Granted, I'd be surprised if we finished higher than 14th... but I don't think we're going to be historically bad or anything either.

If we finish higher than 10th, Johnson needs to be in consideration for coach of the year.
    Funny you mention BC. I was just looking at the records of the relatively new coaches in the ACC, and Donahue's poor record really stood out. He's gone 46-52 in three seasons at BC. If you take out his first year (I think this is fair since whatever roster you come in with is generally a function of the previous regime) he's 25-39 in the two seasons since. I know he's regarded as a good coach and always seems to run circles around us, but he could be getting axed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECHFAN View Post

I'd second that. Higher than 10th would be incredible. I mean, I think most people feel the ACC might get up to 8 NCAA bids, so finishing higher than 10th (i.e. 9th or better) would practically put us on the bubble.

Miami lost darn near everybody from last year's team...Larkin and a ton of seniors. If we are looking for a team we might be able to finish ahead of, they might be just as likely as BC. Miami has already lost to St Francis this season, and was taken into overtime by some other smalltime school which I can't remember at the moment.
    SteveA

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInBaltimore View Post
    Miami has already lost to St Francis this season, and was taken into overtime by some other smalltime school which I can't remember at the moment.
    Georgia Southern (who beat us last year). One point win in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterAC View Post
    Funny you mention BC. I was just looking at the records of the relatively new coaches in the ACC, and Donahue's poor record really stood out. He's gone 46-52 in three seasons at BC. If you take out his first year (I think this is fair since whatever roster you come in with is generally a function of the previous regime) he's 25-39 in the two seasons since. I know he's regarded as a good coach and always seems to run circles around us, but he could be getting axed soon.
    0-3 start can't help.