Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'll go ahead and say it...this may be one of the worst teams in ACC history

I have watched this dumpster fire of a first half and this team is not good...at all. We cannot shoot, we cannot defend and that is quite the recipe for finishing 15th in a 15 team league. We do not have the talent and frankly it does not look like the recruiting to be even remotely competitive.

I am trying to find something positive to say but I just can't see anything. I know that Coach Seth got on some nerves but we NEVER looked this bad when he was on the bench. This team needs help ASAP! That crowd of 1,500 - 2,000 has to speak volumes as well.

I have one positive...we have 8 blocked shots in the first half. OK...one positive.

Well, 1 PM on a Tuesday isn't prime time for attendance. I could've never even made that as a student let alone a working adult. Attendance seems about on par with the non-conference schedule of years past.

There are shooters on this team. In fact I'd argue we look better in this game than we did at the tail end of last year (which isn't saying much) getting blown out with the nation's leading scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by CobbCountyHokie View Post
    I have watched this dumpster fire of a first half and this team is not good...at all. We cannot shoot, we cannot defend and that is quite the recipe for finishing 15th in a 15 team league. We do not have the talent and frankly it does not look like the recruiting to be even remotely competitive.

I am trying to find something positive to say but I just can't see anything. I know that Coach Seth got on some nerves but we NEVER looked this bad when he was on the bench. This team needs help ASAP! That crowd of 1,500 - 2,000 has to speak volumes as well.

this is sad. it also looks like VT doesn't know how to take advantage of the rules. There is no driving and initiating contact. and no one can finish

I think there is potential.
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

I know that Coach Seth got on some nerves but we NEVER looked this bad when he was on the bench.
    Yes we did. We obviously had a lot of time looking a lot better, but Greenberg was not immune to putting some ugly stuff on the court.

dang...wanna get away?

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    Yes we did. We obviously had a lot of time looking a lot better, but Greenberg was not immune to putting some ugly stuff on the court.
    Even when we were winning, I thought the product on the court was pretty ugly......

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    Even when we were winning, I thought the product on the court was pretty ugly......
    offensively, yes, it often was...but we generally played some really good defense

but his last year, everything was fairly ugly

Another one guilty of Premature Evaluation.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.