Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clemson hires West Virginia University's President

Don't know if this means anything regarding Conference Realignment, but after what Wallace Loh did at Maryland we have to pay attention to these moves I guess.

http://media-relations.www.clemson.e...nt-of-clemson/

interesting, that clemson picks a president from not a real academic excellent institute. Clemson current president was a architect and graduate from clemson. He had a very strategic perspective. Very much like Stegar. Now they have a president who's background is WVU president, then towson state (who???) and graduated from UMBC. I guess clemson is more worried about counting burning couches than really trying to be a nationally ranked land grant school (Like VT and GT)….. There should be complaints about Louisville anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post
    Don't know if this means anything regarding Conference Realignment, but after what Wallace Loh did at Maryland we have to pay attention to these moves I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    interesting, that clemson picks a president from not a real academic excellent institute. Clemson current president was a architect and graduate from clemson. He had a very strategic perspective. Very much like Stegar. Now they have a president who's background is WVU president, then towson state (who???) and graduated from UMBC. I guess clemson is more worried about counting burning couches than really trying to be a nationally ranked land grant school (Like VT and GT)….. There should be complaints about Louisville anymore.
    Maybe CU want's to start selling beer at their home games? Either that, or there's too many discarded couches on and around campus.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

interesting, that clemson picks a president from not a real academic excellent institute. Clemson current president was a architect and graduate from clemson. He had a very strategic perspective. Very much like Stegar. Now they have a president who's background is WVU president, then towson state (who???) and graduated from UMBC. I guess clemson is more worried about counting burning couches than really trying to be a nationally ranked land grant school (Like VT and GT).. There should be complaints about Louisville anymore.
    I believe Johns Hopkins was in that resume somewhere.

I guess clemson is more worried about counting burning couches than really trying to be a nationally ranked land grant school (Like VT and GT)…..
    Georgia Tech is not a land grant school.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie72 View Post
    I believe Johns Hopkins was in that resume somewhere.
    Yeah, the guy looks top notch based on that article.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post

It seems like university presidents have become fundraisers. That's what Clemson finds most attractive about him. I expect Tech's new president will have the same background in fundraising. That's just the way it is these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    UGA is, right?
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    UGA is, right?
    yes

I wonder why we still refer to schools as 'land-grant' schools....

Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    It's hardly relevant now how our large state U's were established. There are plenty of non-land-grant schools that are virtually indistinguishable in mission from the land-grants. Also, land-grants are pretty diverse now: some non-land-grants fit the land-grant profile better than some land-grants.