Positives from the game (their are some)

1. Cadarian Raines is clearly in much better shape this year and continues to show an impressive array of post moves and an improved ability to finish. If he can become a passing threat from out of the post, watch out or this team might catch you by surprise.

2. There are a lot more shooters on this team than last years. Eddie, Smith, Emelogu, and Johnston can all fill it up from beyond the arc. We'll be able to spread the floor and work inside-out a lot more this year.

3. Wilson has great size and athletic ability and seemingly a good basketball IQ. He's very raw, but when Rankin heals up he won't shoulder as much responsibility and should improve.

4. Smith is QUICK, and we know Rankin is very quick and a great defender. With those two on the floor we have a very poor man's Peyton Siva/Russ Smith. One PG who locks down on defense and one small guard who can score from anywhere on the floor (Adam is a better shooter than Russ, not nearly as good in the paint though).

5. JVZ seems to have carried over his mean streak, and seems to be asserting himself more on the defensive end. I like seeing both him and Raines on the floor at the same time. Improves our post D immensely over Wood (who was all but invisible, as I expected after last year).

Not sure where Thompson was, but if we can get him and his 6'11 frame into the game to run the floor we'll have a number of threats. Especially when Rankin and Barksdale come back. We got to see some type of transition game work without Green on the floor, and with Eddie not taking all the shots the team seems much more balanced. I'd love to see a lineup of Rankin, Smith, Emelogu, Barksdale, and Raines.

this isnt the NFL you dont get a first round draft pick for losing every game. As far as I'm concerned the season looks like it is headed to the cellar of the ACC to me. I hope JJ turns the ship around next year

Quote Originally Posted by soflahokie View Post
    1. Cadarian Raines is clearly in much better shape this year and continues to show an impressive array of post moves and an improved ability to finish. If he can become a passing threat from out of the post, watch out or this team might catch you by surprise.

2. There are a lot more shooters on this team than last years. Eddie, Smith, Emelogu, and Johnston can all fill it up from beyond the arc. We'll be able to spread the floor and work inside-out a lot more this year.

3. Wilson has great size and athletic ability and seemingly a good basketball IQ. He's very raw, but when Rankin heals up he won't shoulder as much responsibility and should improve.

4. Smith is QUICK, and we know Rankin is very quick and a great defender. With those two on the floor we have a very poor man's Peyton Siva/Russ Smith. One PG who locks down on defense and one small guard who can score from anywhere on the floor (Adam is a better shooter than Russ, not nearly as good in the paint though).

5. JVZ seems to have carried over his mean streak, and seems to be asserting himself more on the defensive end. I like seeing both him and Raines on the floor at the same time. Improves our post D immensely over Wood (who was all but invisible, as I expected after last year).

Not sure where Thompson was, but if we can get him and his 6'11 frame into the game to run the floor we'll have a number of threats. Especially when Rankin and Barksdale come back. We got to see some type of transition game work without Green on the floor, and with Eddie not taking all the shots the team seems much more balanced. I'd love to see a lineup of Rankin, Smith, Emelogu, Barksdale, and Raines.