Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Decided i don't like Adam Smith

Sorry. I don't typically judge players that fast. All I have seen from him now is selfish, 1-on-1 ...forcing things as if he has no teammates and is trying to show he belongs. We have had years of over-dribbling and 1-on-1 stuff. This team needs to be A TEAM and Wilson is an individual right now.

Give him a few games then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by VAHokie89 View Post
    Sorry. I don't typically judge players that fast. All I have seen from him now is selfish, 1-on-1 ...forcing things as if he has no teammates and is trying to show he belongs. We have had years of over-dribbling and 1-on-1 stuff. This team needs to be A TEAM and Wilson is an individual right now.
    You are entitled to your opinion. However, so am I, and I think you are out of line with this post, especially 30 minutes into the season. Not that you care, but I will not decide I do not like you based on this one post.

By the way, Smith finished with 3 assists, which was tied for the most on the team.

There is Certainly time for him to improve his passing game which he needs to do

Thanks for reminding me why I decided I don't like message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieJack View Post
    Give him a few games then decide.
    Exactly!
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by dallasvt View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion. However, so am I, and I think you are out of line with this post, especially 30 minutes into the season. Not that you care, but I will not decide I do not like you based on this one post.

By the way, Smith finished with 3 assists, which was tied for the most on the team.
    What's out of line? Smith is not a point guard, and he handled the ball far too much today. He's obviously a good scorer. He's very quick to the basket and can shoot from outside, but when he has the ball, it's tunnel vision. I think 2 of those assists were on fast breaks that he got the ball to another guy who scored. In a half court set, he's much better off the ball.

And he was right. This team has had sooo much 1-on-1, playground style ball (cue Malcolm Delaney highlight reels), it'd be nice to see more team offense. Having Smith handling the ball a lot is not going to lead them there.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    What's out of line? Smith is not a point guard, and he handled the ball far too much today. He's obviously a good scorer. He's very quick to the basket and can shoot from outside, but when he has the ball, it's tunnel vision. I think 2 of those assists were on fast breaks that he got the ball to another guy who scored. In a half court set, he's much better off the ball.

And he was right. This team has had sooo much 1-on-1, playground style ball (cue Malcolm Delaney highlight reels), it'd be nice to see more team offense. Having Smith handling the ball a lot is not going to lead them there.
    I think the subject line in particular is out of line. After 30 minutes of basketball, VAHokie89 does not like Adam Smith, and like I said, he is certainly entitled to his opinion. However, my opinion is that coming to the conclusion you do not like one of Tech's student athletes that quickly and posting it on a public message board is out of line.

So who are you talking about Smith or Wilson? Or are there two players that you don't like in the first 30 minutes of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by I love VT! View Post
    Thanks for reminding me why I decided I don't like message boards.
    No freaking kidding. These boards are getting harder to read all the time. Sometimes I feel like we are becoming like uva fans.