Happy Basketball Eve everyone!

I know it's not Hokie basketball tomorrow, but plenty of teams kick off their season Friday. Can't believe it's already upon us, but I can watch a basketball game between two teams I don't follow, much easier than a football game of the same nature. And it's on almost every night! Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    I know it's not Hokie basketball tomorrow, but plenty of teams kick off their season Friday. Can't believe it's already upon us, but I can watch a basketball game between two teams I don't follow, much easier than a football game of the same nature. And it's on almost every night! Woohoo!
    I really hope we can field a competitive team this year. I know we're probably 2 years away but if we can be competitive we have an interesting slate of OOC games (WVU, VCU, Michigan St, etc.).

With Greenberg we were chronically undermanned but you knew we could put up a fight (you also knew we'd snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in any meaningful OOC game too, but I digress). We knew where the bottom was with Greenberg. We don't know that yet with JJ, and I think that's scary to me and a lot of fans right now.

The fans have taken a beating over the last 20 months. We've lost our head coach, prized recruits, and existing players that were thought to be our future. We've watched our defensive prowess completely evaporate. We watched our first ever ACC POY compete futilely because no one could lend a hand on the offensive end. We endured a streak of nine-straight conference losses. We are chronically fatigued.

Still, I'm intrigued to see what we put on the court. I'm hoping we show something to give us some optimism. I don't think many of us can watch another year of futile struggle.

I'm just excited to see that we have nearly a full complement of scholarship players this year for the first time in forever. Depth has been a huge problem for several years now. Even our last "good" season ended with an NIT game featuring significant minutes from walk-on Paul Debnam and 6'7" G/F Manny Atkins playing the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by nvpbrown View Post
    I'm just excited to see that we have nearly a full complement of scholarship players this year for the first time in forever. Depth has been a huge problem for several years now. Even our last "good" season ended with an NIT game featuring significant minutes from walk-on Paul Debnam and 6'7" G/F Manny Atkins playing the 5.
    What's Paul doing this year? Coaching?
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne