Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any word on Saturday's scrimmage at UR?

Tia
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

Nope. Nothing about our scrimmages, preseason, etc. It's a shame, with all the new players this year. No posters, no TSL coverage, nothing. I don't know what happened to our few gurus who'd have comments and info. This really is a low point for fan interest. I'm disappointed, but I can't blame TSL for lack of content. Why write an article if it is likely no one will read it? I'm sure they plan content based on board traffic. Based on that basketball articles should show up about as often as the knitting club.

I don't think it went well. Hope I am wrong in what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by 48zip View Post
    Tia

According to a local radio station here in Richmond, it didn't go well for VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Man 24 View Post
    I don't think it went well. Hope I am wrong in what I heard.
    On Big Al's morning show today, John Averett said that Richmond was "very pleased" with the results of the scrimmage. Take that FWIW.

Didn't go BAD for VT. VT also held out several guys due to minor injuries. Also, during the end of this scrimmage they were working on situational plays for the bigs. UR took both halves by small margin....but anything can be taken from "very pleased".

Quote Originally Posted by vatechcowpatty View Post
    Nope. Nothing about our scrimmages, preseason, etc. It's a shame, with all the new players this year. No posters, no TSL coverage, nothing. I don't know what happened to our few gurus who'd have comments and info. This really is a low point for fan interest. I'm disappointed, but I can't blame TSL for lack of content. Why write an article if it is likely no one will read it? I'm sure they plan content based on board traffic. Based on that basketball articles should show up about as often as the knitting club.
    Well to be honest, each media session the hoops team has had has been difficult to get to. They had one yesterday afternoon at 2pm, but that was right after the football press conference, and I was busy writing a column (which I'll post today) and editing Will's Monday Thoughts.

As far as our two main gurus, neither is particularly enthusiastic about our chances of putting a competitive product on the court this season.

Also, to be honest, I really don't have a lot to say about the team, other than what I sad 1-2 weeks ago in the column I wrote. Like our gurus, I'm not feeling good about this season. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    Well to be honest, each media session the hoops team has had has been difficult to get to. They had one yesterday afternoon at 2pm, but that was right after the football press conference, and I was busy writing a column (which I'll post today) and editing Will's Monday Thoughts.

As far as our two main gurus, neither is particularly enthusiastic about our chances of putting a competitive product on the court this season.

Also, to be honest, I really don't have a lot to say about the team, other than what I sad 1-2 weeks ago in the column I wrote. Like our gurus, I'm not feeling good about this season. At all.
    Is there any hope for the future (young team that may develop in a couple of years once JJ gets his recruits in) or are we marking time until we hire a new coach?
    ----------------

Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.

--Ephesians 5:16

Glad to hear this. I heard we got rolled. I like this much better.

Quote Originally Posted by BWS View Post
    Didn't go BAD for VT. VT also held out several guys due to minor injuries. Also, during the end of this scrimmage they were working on situational plays for the bigs. UR took both halves by small margin....but anything can be taken from "very pleased".

Richmond won, was hard to tell much from VT with 4 guys held out. I have only talked to UR folks about it so not much info on VT

As far as the lack of info and discussion - it comes from two areas, this is a team with a lot of unknowns and what is known doesn't inspire a lot of optimism. I would love to be wrong but it certainly seems this is a tough spell for VT basketball and getting this thing turned around is a Herculean task.

I totally agree!! Hope JJ is up for the task ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cvillehoops13 View Post
    Richmond won, was hard to tell much from VT with 4 guys held out. I have only talked to UR folks about it so not much info on VT

As far as the lack of info and discussion - it comes from two areas, this is a team with a lot of unknowns and what is known doesn't inspire a lot of optimism. I would love to be wrong but it certainly seems this is a tough spell for VT basketball and getting this thing turned around is a Herculean task.