VT tips off season this week!

USC Upstate isn't going to know what hit 'em.

Hokies play at noon Saturday on ESPN3. Should be a good afternoon of celebrating/imbibing before the football game.

I'm going with Smith just beating out Eddie to lead the team in scoring this year.

USC-Upstate could be a stiff challenge. Ken Pomeroy has them finishing second in the A-Sun and ranked higher than VT preseason. Has VT as a 60% favorite since the game is in Bburg but on a neutral site Upstate would be favored in his formula which, in my experience, is the best out there. His game prediction has it 69-66 Hokies.

A loss here certainly would be painful. Let's hope we put the clamps on the Torrey Craig kid as it sounds like he is a handful. Hopefully Eddie (?) is up to the task on the defensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Cvillehoops13 View Post
    USC-Upstate could be a stiff challenge. Ken Pomeroy has them finishing second in the A-Sun and ranked higher than VT preseason. Has VT as a 60% favorite since the game is in Bburg but on a neutral site Upstate would be favored in his formula which, in my experience, is the best out there. His game prediction has it 69-66 Hokies.

I'm not sure we have many gimmes this year.

You shut your mouth with your good reasoning and statistics! Hokies to go 31-0! (or however many games they play)

Quote Originally Posted by vtchip View Post
    i'm not sure we have any gimmes this year.
    ftfy
    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." Ronald Reagan