Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Join Date
    January 18, 2008
    Posts
    414

    Luck to Texas as AD

    Some of our sites are reporting that he's the man. Hard to begrudge him such a job. Wonder what his first order(s) of business will be?

  2. #2
    reestuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    roanoke, va
    Posts
    59,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    Some of our sites are reporting that he's the man. Hard to begrudge him such a job. Wonder what his first order(s) of business will be?
    Should be new football coach.
    "Knowledge is good"

    --Emil Faber, 1904

  3. #3

    Join Date
    December 28, 1999
    Posts
    7,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    Some of our sites are reporting that he's the man. Hard to begrudge him such a job. Wonder what his first order(s) of business will be?
    Nice to have a friend of WVU in that position since Texas can blow up that conference on its own. Do you think the Big 12 is a suitable longterm home for WVU? What would you like to see happen down the road?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    January 18, 2008
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Jessup View Post
    Nice to have a friend of WVU in that position since Texas can blow up that conference on its own. Do you think the Big 12 is a suitable longterm home for WVU? What would you like to see happen down the road?
    I'm not so sure he would "protect" us. As to our position in the B12, it's better than the AAC.

    Long term, I don't know.
    I've got to think that whatever happens, we won't be left on the outside looking in.

    I guess right now the most attractive thing to me would be some sort of unholy alliance between the ACC and the B12. Give us some more geographically logical games, yet retain the whole B12 thing, which strikes me as very serious football.

    Assuming we don't get a B1G invite.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    February 16, 2001
    Posts
    14,845
    WVU will not be left out of the new upper tier of college football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    I'm not so sure he would "protect" us. As to our position in the B12, it's better than the AAC.

    Long term, I don't know.
    I've got to think that whatever happens, we won't be left on the outside looking in.

    I guess right now the most attractive thing to me would be some sort of unholy alliance between the ACC and the B12. Give us some more geographically logical games, yet retain the whole B12 thing, which strikes me as very serious football.

    Assuming we don't get a B1G invite.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    I'm not so sure he would "protect" us...
    I have to agree with that. His responsibility to WVU ends the day he walks through the door at Texas as AD.

    He's a shrewd businessman. Whatever he does for WVU will be to the benefit of Texas, and nobody else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    WVU will not be left out of the new upper tier of college football.
    That being said, I do agree with this as well.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

  7. #7
    MEHOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    In a van.
    Posts
    62,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    Some of our sites are reporting that he's the man. Hard to begrudge him such a job. Wonder what his first order(s) of business will be?
    Be sure to sue him for the money he owes WVU for the rest of the contract.

  8. #8
    BUGGZY's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15, 2002
    Location
    Annandale, VA
    Posts
    13,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    Assuming we don't get a B1G invite.
    i just spit out my drink...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

  9. #9
    Ancient Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    12,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    Some of our sites are reporting that he's the man. Hard to begrudge him such a job. Wonder what his first order(s) of business will be?
    He's top shelf. Very, very smart man.
    "It's a half an inch of water, and you think you're going to drown."

  10. #10

    Join Date
    January 18, 2008
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    i just spit out my drink...
    I was hoping as much...you guys need to smile after this past Saturday. At least you're bowl eligible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •