Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 327276777879808182
Results 811 to 818 of 818
  1. #811

    Join Date
    July 11, 2001
    Posts
    18,411
    No no don't you get it? It's a completely in character Beamer move. Literally the definition of his entire career - loyalty over actual performance.

    But this one time it was all different and this is a silly conspiracy theory.

    Lol.

    The lack of echoes from the true believers on this one is speaking for itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by VTallday View Post
    Who knows what's going on behind closed doors. One thing you can be sure of is that the new coaches would like to keep their jobs and don't want to upset the boss. In the end all this INACTION involving the QB situation smells like Beamer

  2. #812
    Senior Member NCHokie83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02, 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    Yeah. Cuz Coach wanted to try to redshirt him. And when it was clear that wasn't feasible, Tyrod was named the starter.
    Uhhhh no it wasn't...

    We did a true double QB system that year where we would flip between Tyrod and Glennon from series to series long after that redshirt was burned. There was much press about that.

  3. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    No no don't you get it? It's a completely in character Beamer move. Literally the definition of his entire career - loyalty over actual performance.
    Exactly!

  4. #814
    Lurker
    Join Date
    November 08, 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    Yeah. Cuz Coach wanted to try to redshirt him. And when it was clear that wasn't feasible, Tyrod was named the starter.
    This is how i remember it too.

  5. #815
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 18, 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanderhokie View Post
    Jesus H Christ. Has there ever been a team with a better defense and a worse offense???
    Not necessary

  6. #816
    OrangeHokieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 08, 2010
    Posts
    1,064
    This one is on Journell. The offense out him in position to make every field goal and he goes 1-3. Had he made the other two we win, make one it goes to OT. That's pathetic. The kid is a punk and brings nothing to the table.

  7. #817
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 02, 2013
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHokieFan View Post
    This one is on Journell. The offense out him in position to make every field goal and he goes 1-3. Had he made the other two we win, make one it goes to OT. That's pathetic. The kid is a punk and brings nothing to the table.
    I know of one person (and only one) who would agree with you...Beamer. Gotta love those FGs

  8. #818
    Will Stewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 1999
    Location
    Radford, VA
    Posts
    42,910

    Thread is now closed.

    I wish I could get rid of the memory -- and the record of this game -- as easily.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •