Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Come on man, please, we are more intelligent that. You started this in all "seriousness" did you not? Be a man, don't back stroke now. If your point is cheating pays well you could have clarify yourself better. But it seems like you have a larger point being made and it came across like "why is VT doing it the right?" don't backstroke, own your post.

Quote Originally Posted by I85Hokie View Post
    Maybe it's my cynical Hokie paranoia creeping in, but my gut says that if it had been us instead of UNC and Miami doing these things we would be getting Penn State-level sanctions. The NCAA will make an example of someone if they don't think it will hurt the sport too much. In their eyes, a hammered-down VT (or GT - see their ridiculous sanctions) would hurt the sport less than a hammered-down Miami or UNC. Yeah, UNC has never been much in football, but their scandal also encompassed the basketball team, so you can't touch them either.
    I agree. The NCAA has proven to be UN-even at best, and I think VT would be in the crush-under-my-boot-heel category. Just remember Miami and UNC sell a lot of gear, get good TV ratings, and make the NCAA money. VT is a regional power for sure, but they do not make enough cash for the NCAA to matter enough to get treated like UNCheat, and Duh-Yew

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    It appears cheating does pay when it comes to NCAA athletics.
    The 'way we play the game' boat left the harbor years and years ago.
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

Quote Originally Posted by BeamerBallin View Post
    Dude, your post is "non sequitur" and I will tell you why. You ask a question which involves ethics and then you say remove ethics from the argument so you can arrive at your answer. I doesn't work that way.

Your discussion raising post at least raises a discussion on a larger matter. In this "world" where no one would deny there is good and evil, lie and truth, etc, everyone has to make decisions regarding that. If people are going to do wrong to get ahead (read money), then they are just proving a point about this world is Satan's until...it is taken back by it's rightful owner God. Until that happens, people have to decide who they want to serve. The root of all evil....is the LOVE of money. If you love money, you will do some wrong things to get it. So, I guess we know where Hubman stands on this issue, now don't we?
    The post was set up so you could prove me wrong.....it was meant to tickle people to get them to post.....it has succeeded......

I don't even know where I stand on the issue, so I am glad you know where I stand. If I wrote: "cheating is bad and we should not stand for it" as the original post, the topic would probably have no legs......as it stands now, we have people trying to figure out why it is bad to actually cheat in an environment where most do not get punished at all for doing it.....
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by BeamerBallin View Post
    Come on man, please, we are more intelligent that. You started this in all "seriousness" did you not? Be a man, don't back stroke now. If your point is cheating pays well you could have clarify yourself better. But it seems like you have a larger point being made and it came across like "why is VT doing it the right?" don't backstroke, own your post.
    SMH...focus less on me and more on the topic...state your case or go elsewhere...you seem passionate about not cheating, so, tell us more of why we should not in this environment...
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    I don't even know where I stand on the issue, so I am glad you know where I stand.
    exactly. if you don't know where you stand on doing the right thing, then we know exactly where you stand.

We are all grown ups we know people do wrong to get ahead. Wall street and their derivative instruments have locked in the planet to something financially imprisoning the likes of which will continue to unfold in the years ahead. Look up the US and Canada's derivative exposure to total assets. some of the best banks have exposure at least 30 times their total assets. And those are the good one; the others are worse.
    Last edited by BeamerBallin; Tue Oct 22 2013 at 11:50 AM.

SMH...focus less on me and more on the topic...state your case or go elsewhere...you seem passionate about not cheating, so, tell us more of why we should not in this environment...

huh? now your moderator?

money is calling the shots now, which might really mean ESPN is calling the shots. The NCAA has now set the ceiling for future penalties and it's pretty low

The post was set up so you could prove me wrong.....it was meant to tickle people to get them to post.....it has succeeded......

I don't even know where I stand on the issue, so I am glad you know where I stand. If I wrote: "cheating is bad and we should not stand for it" as the original post, the topic would probably have no legs......as it stands now, we have people trying to figure out why it is bad to actually cheat in an environment where most do not get punished at all for doing it.....

jeez whatever

I'm down to buy a national title at this point. Don't care how we get out bc apparently it doesn't matter unless you have previous offenses