VT vs VCU tickets info

I found this link on VCUs website that has ticket prices and ticket limits
    http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...Code=MBKA&cgc=

It doesnt look like VT has updated hokietickets.com with this game yet

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Golfer View Post

I don't recall where I saw it but I believe the tickets go on sale Dec. 2.

Just got hokiemail saying "tickets available now"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Golfer View Post

I ordered mine through JMU. All schools except Tech have tickets on their website. Tech sent out a ticket order form but only gave you 2 weeks to send it in. I missed the date because I didn't pay attention to the short turnaround date. Tech's ticket office is really behind the times when it comes to things like this. Hope the new AD embraces technology, smart phones, etc so we can come into the current decade.
    "The point of the journey is not To Arrive"....Neil Peart

So we can buy tickets through VCU, JMU and even Hampton... but not VT, thats embarassing. Guess I will be in the JMU section then.

Ever thought vt was not keen about this tourney...governor pushed hard for this series -and vt (and UVA) really couldn't say no. Therefore attitude , is simply ok we will show -- check the box and move on... It's questionable this is a long term event ..

It just shows the complete incompetence of VT's ticket office and marketing for hoops

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ever thought vt was not keen about this tourney...governor pushed hard for this series -and vt (and UVA) really couldn't say no. Therefore attitude , is simply ok we will show -- check the box and move on... It's questionable this is a long term event ..
    I wonder if anyone in Jamerson is even aware the game is taking place. You would think that an opportunity to play a team ranked in the top 10, an in-state opponent no less, in a city with tons of VT alums and fans... a city VT used to appear in regularly, but now all but ignores... would be a huge marketing opportunity.

But, since it doesn't involve football, and the event isn't taking place in the New River Valley, I guess our athletic dept doesn't care. Pathetic. Oh well, guess I will be buying tickets through JMU as well. PLEASE let our next AD actually give a crap about basketball!!!

I bought my tickets through JMU since they had them on sale a month ago and I didn't want to wait on VT to get around to it and fear I wouldn't get a ticket.

A mail in form? VT does know this is 2013 right?

FYI, I just picked up a pair of tix thru JMU. Any VT fans thinking of going should probably do the same. VCU is currently limiting their sales to contributors only, and I will guarantee that as soon as any tickets are released for public sale, they will all be snapped up by VCU fans. Most of VCU's marquee homes games this year are already sold out and their fans will jump at the chance to see the game vs. VT.

I bought mine from VCU about a month ago and just called to make sure they were guaranteed and the ticket office said yes. He did not seem too understanding of why I was calling but, I was just making sure because I bought 4 lower level seats and the money already came out of my account so I was just making sure that the tickets were mine even though I do not contribute to VCU whatsoever. The guy did not seem too thrilled when I said I was going because I am a Tech fan even though I got stuck going to VCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobbler Guru View Post
    FYI, I just picked up a pair of tix thru JMU. Any VT fans thinking of going should probably do the same. VCU is currently limiting their sales to contributors only, and I will guarantee that as soon as any tickets are released for public sale, they will all be snapped up by VCU fans. Most of VCU's marquee homes games this year are already sold out and their fans will jump at the chance to see the game vs. VT.