Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If you saw Charlie at the end of the UCF game, he looked paralyzed. The cameras caught him wringing his hands one time and I didn't see him giving anyone instructions when UCF was on their final drive.

Quote Originally Posted by typed by ben View Post
    eh they come and go. when charlie strong gets hired away they will go again for a while.

but in terms of football at least theyre not like maryland, who has just plain GONE after friedgen. cincy... pretty much the same, year in and year out

Quote Originally Posted by HokieDevil View Post
    I'm not sure we've bought ourselves a couple years of respect until we at least put a team in the national title game. A few more years if the ACC can win it
    I agree with you that is probably the only way the ACC earns any respect. Does the ACC earn more respect if that team is someone else other than FSU or Miami? It would appear that the media wants those ACC schools to be successful for financial reasons. However, I am not sure that would be the best for the overall development of the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    I agree with you that is probably the only way the ACC earns any respect. Does the ACC earn more respect if that team is someone else other than FSU or Miami? It would appear that the media wants those ACC schools to be successful for financial reasons. However, I am not sure that would be the best for the overall development of the conference.
    If the team is someone other than FSU or Miami, then it would have to be a program with some possibility of sustaining it. Then the ACC would get some credit. The easiest example is of the opposite. When Wake won the league a few years back, no one was saying "Wow...Wake Forest is stepping it up!!! Once the ACC gets Miami, FSU and Clemson back to where they belong, then the ACC is going to be really good!!". Instead, Wake winning meant "geez, the ACC stinks".

Quote Originally Posted by Late 80s Hokie View Post
    If the team is someone other than FSU or Miami, then it would have to be a program with some possibility of sustaining it. Then the ACC would get some credit. The easiest example is of the opposite. When Wake won the league a few years back, no one was saying "Wow...Wake Forest is stepping it up!!! Once the ACC gets Miami, FSU and Clemson back to where they belong, then the ACC is going to be really good!!". Instead, Wake winning meant "geez, the ACC stinks".
    I don't disagree with your assessment. If a school (i.e. Duke or Wake) did management to win a national championship in football and was not able to sustain it, but another ACC school (i.e. GT) wins a national championship 2 years later. Then would that help or hurt the ACC's perception? Outside of Clemson, FSU, Miami, and VT, I am not sure there is are any other schools that are in the position to be able to sustain Top 15 status for 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    If you saw Charlie at the end of the UCF game, he looked paralyzed. The cameras caught him wringing his hands one time and I didn't see him giving anyone instructions when UCF was on their final drive.
    interesting.....

Media has some footbal equity schools

Like it or not media sees college footbal not for the event but more certain equity program . It's about really 20 schools the rest is extra. Vt has been scheduling smart ooc games with many of theses . Ala Ohio st psu Michigan nd . The others - fsu Miami lsu fla ga Texas Oklahoma USC Nebraska USC Stanford Oregon with border schools like vt a&m Clemson . Media had their way it would be schools only on tv

QUOTE=BeamerBallin;873212]interesting.....[/QUOTE]