Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How is this possible?

Only 29,500 people watched the UNC-VT game in Charlotte. I know Heels don't support football but there are VT fans down there as well. ACC Network (Ray om) in crappy time slot seems like a bad deal. What will improve this?

http://m.bizjournals.com/charlotte/b...ia.html?r=full

Quote Originally Posted by jms41 View Post
    Only 29,500 people watched the UNC-VT game in Charlotte. I know Heels don't support football but there are VT fans down there as well. ACC Network (Ray om) in crappy time slot seems like a bad deal. What will improve this?

Winning

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    Winning
    For an ACC Network to work, seems like there needs to be more eyeballs even if the teams are winless.

For an ACC Network to work, seems like there needs to be more eyeballs even if the teams are winless.
    People will buy what they perceive to be a good product. TV programs are no different. I used to have customers begging me for tickets for Hokie football. Almost felt like a drug dealer with multiple ticket sources on speed dial. Now - very little interest. Hokie football is not perceived as a product that's worth the investment of time and money like it was before multiple high profile losses or the poor offenses or the 2012 season or despite the weak schedules. The economy is a factor also but it's hard to even give tickets away lately. Few want to make the effort to see us play AP, Duke, Western Carolina, Marshall etc. But Hokie football is on the way back.

Glad that I tuned in to make it an even number!
    Close out recruiting on a good note

Quote Originally Posted by Freighttrain View Post
    Glad that I tuned in to make it an even number!
    You weren't the last guy counted to make it an even number. You were the #1.

Obviously, ticket prices were higher than people were willing to pay. Simple as that. Ticket prices will have to trend down in sports as attendance continues to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer Hokie View Post
    Obviously, ticket prices were higher than people were willing to pay. Simple as that. Ticket prices will have to trend down in sports as attendance continues to drop.
    This is about how many people watched on TV.
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    This is about how many people watched on TV.
    Ha! Yes, it would have helped had I read the article first. Only 29K viewers in Charlotte? Was that the only outlet in the area showing the game?

83,000 people in Charlotte watched the Ohio State-Wisconsin game this year. One question...how do they arrive at these numbers?