Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

VT vs Tennessee finally happening at Bristol Speedway in 2016

After being rumored for years

@BFeldmanCBS #VaTech to play #Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016, per source.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
    Your posts ... are money. I read them all.

Just read about it on one of our forums. Lets hope both of us are good by that time and will be a top ranked game.

You think we will put 160,000 in there?

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseevol View Post
    Just read about it on one of our forums. Lets hope both of us are good by that time and will be a top ranked game.

I'm thinking 160,000 wont be enough seats for the amount of people that will want to attend.
    Go Hokies!!!

Funny enough, I think we could easily do that. I live about an hour from the speedway and there would be TONS of interest from fans and non-fans alike!

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutHokie04 View Post
    After being rumored for years

@BFeldmanCBS #VaTech to play #Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016, per source.
    160,000 fans???? That's a recruit's dream.

yep, and none of them will be able to see the field. Not sure how thi could work...? Wedge a field down in one end and bring in a ton of temporary seats? Surely they wont just center a field right in the middle of the infield. Still seems really dumb...

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoesterVT View Post
    yep, and none of them will be able to see the field. Not sure how thi could work...? Wedge a field down in one end and bring in a ton of temporary seats? Surely they wont just center a field right in the middle of the infield. Still seems really dumb...

Really dumb? Let's see the economics. I thought before, VT and UT were going to make a HUGE payday. Curious what the $$$ look like here. I bet given UT's big cash problems, this game makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HwoodHokie View Post
    Really dumb? Let's see the economics. I thought before, VT and UT were going to make a HUGE payday. Curious what the $$$ look like here. I bet given UT's big cash problems, this game makes a lot of sense.

how much is it going to cost to build a football field from scratch over asphalt and bring in seating? What will capacity be (surely less that the race ser up). Seems like both teams would make tons more money with a home and home. I just can't imagine how this could work....

how much is it going to cost to build a football field from scratch over asphalt and bring in seating? What will capacity be (surely less that the race ser up). Seems like both teams would make tons more money with a home and home. I just can't imagine how this could work....

The story says 160k capacity.

ESPN...duh.