Question Within a Thread on vBulletin Forums....

it always opens up to the most recent post within the thread as opposed to the original post. I mostly post on the "older" forums, but I like to read the convo on vBulletin b/c it seems more discussion happens over here. Anyways, I scrolled thru the first 5-6 pages of this forum and couldn't find any help, so I was wondering what setting I needed to change to allow the thread to open up to the original post. I know you can change the entire forum to list threads by date, reply, # of posts, most recent, etc. but I cant quite figure out how to get my vB threads to open up starting at the original post as opposed to the most recent post.

Sorry if this has already been asked, and it may be a simple fix, but I cant figure it out and I think its easier to follow a thread if you can start reading it from the beginning of the post; from the time you open the thread, as opposed to having to go to the last page and basically reading the thread backwards.

Thanks again to whomever can help out!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie 4 MG View Post
    it always opens up to the most recent post within the thread as opposed to the original post. I mostly post on the "older" forums, but I like to read the convo on vBulletin b/c it seems more discussion happens over here. Anyways, I scrolled thru the first 5-6 pages of this forum and couldn't find any help, so I was wondering what setting I needed to change to allow the thread to open up to the original post. I know you can change the entire forum to list threads by date, reply, # of posts, most recent, etc. but I cant quite figure out how to get my vB threads to open up starting at the original post as opposed to the most recent post.

Sorry if this has already been asked, and it may be a simple fix, but I cant figure it out and I think its easier to follow a thread if you can start reading it from the beginning of the post; from the time you open the thread, as opposed to having to go to the last page and basically reading the thread backwards.

Thanks again to whomever can help out!

It depends on where you click when you open the thread. If you click the arrow next to the last poster's name, it goes to the last post in the thread. If you click the blue arrows next to the thread's title, it should go to the first unread post within the thread. If you click the thread's title, it should go to post #1 in the thread. If you're not having that experience then I don't know what to tell you. Your browser may have been hacked by aliens from Mars in that case! LOL
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    It depends on where you click when you open the thread. If you click the arrow next to the last poster's name, it goes to the last post in the thread. If you click the blue arrows next to the thread's title, it should go to the first unread post within the thread. If you click the thread's title, it should go to post #1 in the thread. If you're not having that experience then I don't know what to tell you. Your browser may have been hacked by aliens from Mars in that case! LOL

D'Oh....thank you Sir. It was right in front of my face (like I figured) and couldnt find it. All good now, No aliens from Mars.