Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    I believe Dodds when he said his first priority was to keep the Big 12 together at 10. Dodds is a proud Kansas State graduate and didn't want to hurt his alma mater. Now that Dodds is leaving, maybe the new AD won't have any ties to any current Big 12 schools and put Texas on the conference realignment market? I'm sure there will be 3 or 4 bidders.
    I don't claim any sort of insight or knowledge, but I just have a feeling that having the new AD will cause another conference reailignment

jursick and luck are very interesting choices

Both are at schools that have repositioned. Question for each??? what more can they do with their program???? my guess is WVU is pretty much maxed its potential being the isolated school in the Big 12. Luck can stay there at his alma mater as long as he chooses, but never have an opportunity like Texas.

Jursick too, has to think what more can he do at Louisville??? i do think his program has alot more potential at the national stage with the ACC than WVU with the big 12.

THis is going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieDevil View Post
    I don't claim any sort of insight or knowledge, but I just have a feeling that having the new AD will cause another conference reailignment

Quote Originally Posted by JEHokie View Post
    Tom Jurich (Louisville AD) and Oliver Luck (WVU AD) are the top two candidates according to Orangebloods:

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=902&CID=1555992

It's interesting that both candidates recently brokered realignment moves (Luck and the Big 12, Jurich and the ACC). Assuming both are interested, I think the choice to succeed Dodds will say alot about where UT sees itself in the future...
    Getting Jurich away from Louisville will be tough, even for Texas and all their $$$. Luck may jump at a shot at the Texas job since WVU seems to be a "dead end street" for him.

You act as if Jurich wouldn't be interested. It's not just the money.

Texas is one of the top five posts in the country. A man can live large in Texas on twice the money, no state income tax, and the power that goes with the UT job.

Getting Jurich away from Louisville will be tough, even for Texas and all their $$$. Luck may jump at a shot at the Texas job since WVU seems to be a "dead end street" for him.

Jurich has the track record they are looking for in an AD in numerous ways...and he has some good coaching hires too.

Quote Originally Posted by JEHokie View Post
    Tom Jurich (Louisville AD) and Oliver Luck (WVU AD) are the top two candidates according to Orangebloods:

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=902&CID=1555992

It's interesting that both candidates recently brokered realignment moves (Luck and the Big 12, Jurich and the ACC). Assuming both are interested, I think the choice to succeed Dodds will say alot about where UT sees itself in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    Texas is one of the top five posts in the country. A man can live large in Texas on twice the money, no state income tax, and the power that goes with the UT job.
    I think Jurich would be very interested but he's doing very well financially and is almost at worship status by Louisville fans. Jurich makes $1.42 million/year. I'm sure Texas would pay more (even though Dodds earned less than Jurich at $1.1 million/year). You are correct that there is also the power that goes with being AD at Texas but there are also the headaches and extra pressure that go along with that job. IMHO, I just think Jurich has a good thing going in Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Jurich has the track record they are looking for in an AD in numerous ways...and he has some good coaching hires too.
    I'm a big believer that the ACC needs to land Texas. Given their current positions, I think Jurich would be more likely to make that happen. Luck would probably fight to keep the Big 12 intact and save WVU from falling off the map.

Lurker
    I think Jurich would be very interested but he's doing very well financially and is almost at worship status by Louisville fans. Jurich makes $1.42 million/year. I'm sure Texas would pay more (even though Dodds earned less than Jurich at $1.1 million/year). You are correct that there is also the power that goes with being AD at Texas but there are also the headaches and extra pressure that go along with that job. IMHO, I just think Jurich has a good thing going in Louisville.
    With regard to how Louisville looks at Jurich - the only open question is the location of his statue.