Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No one on the CRB has mentioned VT now has a home and home with ND in football?

Come on Man!!!! Every day ND to the ACC in football gets just a little bit closer...just like some have been telling you for over 10 years.

PS Domer don't forget you need to host our board in South Bend at your tailgate.

Saw a brief mention of it from TTL notes. Seems it needs more publicity. VT, Hokiesports, or whoever in VT marketing should hype this development. Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Come on Man!!!! Every day ND to the ACC in football gets just a little bit closer...just like some have been telling you for over 10 years.

PS Domer don't forget you need to host our board in South Bend at your tailgate.

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Quote Originally Posted by hokie4ever View Post
    Saw a brief mention of it from TTL notes. Seems it needs more publicity. VT, Hokiesports, or whoever in VT marketing should hype this development. Sigh!

Uhm, wasn't this beat to death when Notre Dame the ACC and agreed to play 5 games against ACC opponents a year?

It is interesting that ND wouldn't even call the ND/Mich game a rivalry.

It's going to be fun annoying my brother-in-law (went to ND), mother-in-law (Catholic), and neighbor (daughter goes to ND) by referring to ND as an ACC team, and ACC/ND games as college football "tradition" and "rivalries". And by pointing out where ND compares to the ACC football standings (by multiplying their ACC wins and losses by 8/5ths).

In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    Don't mistake Brian Kelly for speaking for all of ND.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    If you consider tradition and continuity part of the definition of a "rivalry", then it really isn't that much of a rivalry. Between 1910 and 1978, ND and Mich played only twice -- during WW2. And even since '78, there have been 5 or 6 years they haven't played.

Long story short, the gap between '10 and '78 ws was mostly due to Michigan's dislike of ND. The series only started up again when Michigan, because of LOTS of empty seats (avg attendance was often in the 60k-70k range in the 60s and early 70s), needed the dollars that the series could generate.

In terms of a traditional rival, Michigan is probably well down the list for ND (as ND should be for Michigan). USC, Navy, Michigan St, and Purdue are more traditional rivals of ND than Michigan. And I say this as both a ND and Michigan hater...

It's a lot of years before ND comes to VT. I can help but think they will get out of it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePoq View Post
    It's a lot of years before ND comes to VT. I can help but think they will get out of it somehow.
    I don't think they can, but they can almost certainly look forward to coming in on a Sunday and playing that game on Labor Day night.

It's interesting. I am a ND hater, primarily because of their special treatment and the assumption by their fans that ND football IS college football. But I was never that much of a hater to have much interest in watching their games, except certain interesting matchups. I very much enjoyed the MNC game vs. Alabama last season... ahh... so delicious the taste of fresh ND tears... but I digress...

My point is... I am now suddenly interested in ND, now that they are an ACC team, kind of. I watched their games against Michigan (oh yeah) and Purdoodoo (good start, with an unsatisfying finish). As I watch them, I can't help but think... should I start rooting for them? Like I root for most ACC teams in OOC games?

I look forward to next year when ND starts the ACC schedule and plan to watch all of their games vs. ACC opponents. I never felt a connection to ND when VT was in the Big East... but I think the ACC will be different.

I, for one, am very excited at the ACC/ND games. I hope the ACC teams can take the down with regularity. ND going 5-0 against the ACC would be revolting. And of course, I will very much enjoy seeing VT line it up against ND every 3 years. It's a repeating home and home. BRING IT ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gman86 View Post
    It's interesting. I am a ND hater, primarily because of their special treatment and the assumption by their fans that ND football IS college football. But I was never that much of a hater to have much interest in watching their games, except certain interesting matchups. I very much enjoyed the MNC game vs. Alabama last season... ahh... so delicious the taste of fresh ND tears... but I digress...

My point is... I am now suddenly interested in ND, now that they are an ACC team, kind of. I watched their games against Michigan (oh yeah) and Purdoodoo (good start, with an unsatisfying finish). As I watch them, I can't help but think... should I start rooting for them? Like I root for most ACC teams in OOC games?

I look forward to next year when ND starts the ACC schedule and plan to watch all of their games vs. ACC opponents. I never felt a connection to ND when VT was in the Big East... but I think the ACC will be different.

I, for one, am very excited at the ACC/ND games. I hope the ACC teams can take the down with regularity. ND going 5-0 against the ACC would be revolting. And of course, I will very much enjoy seeing VT line it up against ND every 3 years. It's a repeating home and home. BRING IT ON!!!
    A great outcome for 2014 would be ND getting hammered by all their ACC opponents, but then winning their other games.