DeLoss Dodds Unplugged

I don't see this already posted here. Maybe I missed it, but it was from a couple of weeks ago. He has some interesting quotes:

"We could have done anything. We could have been an independent, in the Pac 12, the Big 10. Had we given up the Longhorn Network, we could have been in the ACC. Obviously we could have been in the SEC. [We] basically came to the conclusion that we were not going to move kids all over the country for competition. We were going to keep them here, keep a nucleus of good schools in our conference, and know that if we could do well in our conference we could do well nationally."

and

"Texas people are football people. Basketball is not attended in high school like it is in Indiana, or Kentucky, or North Carolina where thatís their passion. Thatís their culture. We just need to win. I think when we were winning, people were showing up, and it was a pretty good atmosphere."

Nothing earth shattering here, but it's more recent than most of the stuff from him out there.

http://alcalde.texasexes.org/2013/08/deloss-unplugged/

Problem is, they let the "nucleus of good schools" get away.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post
    I don't see this already posted here. Maybe I missed it, but it was from a couple of weeks ago. He has some interesting quotes:

"We could have done anything. We could have been an independent, in the Pac 12, the Big 10. Had we given up the Longhorn Network, we could have been in the ACC. Obviously we could have been in the SEC. [We] basically came to the conclusion that we were not going to move kids all over the country for competition. We were going to keep them here, keep a nucleus of good schools in our conference, and know that if we could do well in our conference we could do well nationally."

and

"Texas people are football people. Basketball is not attended in high school like it is in Indiana, or Kentucky, or North Carolina where thatís their passion. Thatís their culture. We just need to win. I think when we were winning, people were showing up, and it was a pretty good atmosphere."

Nothing earth shattering here, but it's more recent than most of the stuff from him out there.

http://alcalde.texasexes.org/2013/08/deloss-unplugged/

Yes, I read that before. I think it may be buried in another thread, possibly the VT to B1g thread.