Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    He was pretty bad today, even with the ridiculous awarding of the Player of the Game given by Fox Sports. That horrible screen pass should have been a pick 6 and that would have lost us the game. He's lucky his errors were not costly today, but they will be later on. This was not a good game by LT. His passes were all over the place.
    Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with your assessment. He had a couple of bad throws, but for the most part he was pretty much on the money. For the impartial observers from the Fox broadcasting crew to name him Player of the Game... I think that says a lot. Our running game was going nowhere so Logan Thomas put our offense on his shoulders and moved the ball well enough to keep a potent ECU offense off the field. As for whether that pick-6 that wasn't would have lost us the game, I submit that it would not have lost us anything if our kicker could hit the broad side of a barn. (It's nice how the what-if game works, ain't it?)
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Are you reall comparing Logan Thomas to the guy who won the Heisman Trophy last year?

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Manziel just threw an INT in the end zone hat cost aTm points, should they move him to RB and put in the backup QB??

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Manziel just threw an INT in the end zone hat cost aTm points, should they move him to RB and put in the backup QB??
    That is a laughable comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    You titled this thread using aggressive and combatitive language and then act suprised when people react in kind. It's fascinating.

LT was fine today, he wasn't great and he wasn't bad. He was what he pretty much always is.
    I objected to people responding to my post as if they hadn't read it, not because they were aggressive. If you aren't going to do a poster the courtesy of actually reading their post, why bother responding?

I'm sorry, I'm sure you thought you were being clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    Gonna have to go ahead and disagree with your assessment. He had a couple of bad throws, but for the most part he was pretty much on the money. For the impartial observers from the Fox broadcasting crew to name him Player of the Game... I think that says a lot.
    What it says, pretty much, is there was no other choice. Neither team had a back or receiver who stood out, and their QB threw 3 picks and fumbled in the end zone. Logan played pretty well on a day when both offenses pretty much sucked - or both defenses played lights out - or our offense sucked and our defense played lights out.
    "Upon examination, it was clear that the spine of the PATT wasn't fully formed and, therefore, quite easy to snap." - Charles Darwin, "The Origin of Species"

Your subject line is a troll, then you act deliberately obtuse when it gets the intended response. One doesn't need to be clever to state the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post
    I objected to people responding to my post as if they hadn't read it, not because they were aggressive. If you aren't going to do a poster the courtesy of actually reading their post, why bother responding?

I'm sorry, I'm sure you thought you were being clever.

The problem is that "player of the game" is kind of a specious concept to begin with. The Hokie DL was the real "player of the game," but you have to give the nod to only one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore Hokie View Post
    What it says, pretty much, is there was no other choice. Neither team had a back or receiver who stood out, and their QB threw 3 picks and fumbled in the end zone. Logan played pretty well on a day when both offenses pretty much sucked - or both defenses played lights out - or our offense sucked and our defense played lights out.

You're only as good as who surrounds you. He still had a few errant passes back then, the difference is receivers dropping balls and continuing routes. These guys don't keep running to get open or fight for the ball, heck they hardly catch it when he drops it in the numbers. He also lacks a running game and people key in on the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post
    Do you remember 2011? Was LT 'not a very good QB' in 2011? Really? Then we had 2012, a disaster by all accounts, and Stiney was fired as OC because he was terrible. Now we have a QB with a new OC with half a brain, so let's see what happens when you play all freshmen at WR and RB. Only the most critcal, myopic fan could ignore the big picture here.

Banned
    I'm dying to see what Leal can do for at least half a game

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHokieFan View Post
    You're only as good as who surrounds you. He still had a few errant passes back then, the difference is receivers dropping balls and continuing routes. These guys don't keep running to get open or fight for the ball, heck they hardly catch it when he drops it in the numbers. He also lacks a running game and people key in on the pass.
    My god the excuses never end. Everyone will see the truth when draft day rolls around