Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

Are the LT bashers ready to eat crow?

Seriously, with all freshmen WRs and RBs, a line that couldn't open up holes for the run, and playing on the road at a tough opponent where VT is the biggest game of the year, LT had a very, very good day. Two touchdowns and a meaningless pick with those green WRs is huge imo.

Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post
    Seriously, with all freshmen WRs and RBs, a line that couldn't open up holes for the run, and playing on the road at a tough opponent where VT is the biggest game of the year, LT had a very, very good day. Two touchdowns and a meaningless pick with those green WRs is huge imo.
    I agree.. He had a pretty darn good day, all things considered!
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

He got real lucky on that short pass that should have been a pick 6. Besides that I thought he looked better. Still needs to be more consistent but I think he improving.

Banned
    Not really. ECU has a horrible pass defense and he should've had at least 1 more INT. He could've been worse though

Good grief are you serious? Let's wait a couple more games before thinking he is a great QB

He had a lot of bad throws in the first half, but finally got it straightened out and looked much better in the second. I think part of that was Loeffler actually deciding Logan and the passing game would have to win. Seems like we finally realized after halftime that they were not going to let us run no matter what, and only Logan could win the game.
    All in all, one his better games in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NRVHokie34 View Post
    Good grief are you serious? Let's wait a couple more games before thinking he is a great QB
    I didn't say 'great QB'. And how many games do you need to evaluate LT? Isn't he now one of VT's all-time passing leaders? Will you know more after the Marshall game?

LT played for some of the most incompetent offensive staffs I've ever seen, and we are only now seeing what he can do with somebody new.

If you consider that sad offensive performance as proof of LT's greatness, you're delusional. The team showed some progress in the passing game, but LT still struggled a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy 2 View Post
    He got real lucky on that short pass that should have been a pick 6. Besides that I thought he looked better. Still needs to be more consistent but I think he improving.
    He got real lucky with several passes today.

The problem is that when posting you type these things called 'words'....

Quote Originally Posted by Compeau View Post
    If you consider that sad offensive performance as proof of LT's greatness, you're delusional. The team showed some progress in the passing game, but LT still struggled a lot.
    and you are not there to read those words to the audience.

Again, 'great' - where does that come from? Is it that hard to read a post?

In any case, when have all freshmen at WR and in the backfield, I'm not sure you can look at LT's line and say he 'struggled'. He made several quality throws today, and it wasn't only ECU players dropping easy balls from LT.

But, it's not like he was the player of the game or anything.