Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Hokie View Post
    You sound hideous.
    Nice State Farm commercial reference. Now if you can pull one with the Geico hump day camel then I will be really impressed.

ACC has many meetings, they host;

The president's council governs the conference, then there is working committees for the AD's Coaches of each sport, faculty reps. however, the president's council is the biggest. It is rotated through all the members and its VT time and how timely with Stegar retiring etc.

There is also the Strategic 'Group of 12' who are involve in strategic planning of the conference. The 'group of 12; include 4 president's 4 ad's and 4 faculty reps (guess with expansion might be adjusted). however all members are represented. Stegar is one of the presidents

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Tango View Post
    Yes, they were all in town, meeting in Burruss. No idea what they had for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by hokieball View Post
    Khakis
    First you get the khakis, then you get the jobs, THEN you get the chicks.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by CobbCountyHokie View Post
    He is back on the University of Buffalo stuff again.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h
    B1G has established benchmarks for the University of Buffalo. One of the tidbits B1G source is sharing.

To quote John McEnroe..."You can't be serious!!"
    OK, my new theory is that someone who either has B1G knowledge or has convinced Dud of WV he does, is just playing the game of "How far can I push this to get this guy to say stupid things"

B1G has established benchmarks for the University of Buffalo. One of the tidbits B1G source is sharing.
    LOL!. Here's a copy of the letter they sent.

James Edward Delany
    Commissioner
    B1G Conference Headquarters
    Park Ridge, Illinois

Dr. Satish K. Tripathi
    President
    University at Buffalo
    The State University of New York
    12 Capen Hall
    Buffalo, NY 14260

Dearest Dr. Tripathi,

In an important meeting yesterday, the presidents of the B1G Conference met to discuss expansion opportunities for our great conference. I am pleased to inform you that a benchmark was set for the University at Buffalo to achieve an invitation to our prestigious association of top notch universities. The formal benchmark, as stated in the resolution unanimously passed, is:
    - Achieve college football status similar to Notre Dame University

Upon meeting said benchmark, the University at Buffalo will automatically receive an invitation to immediately join the B1G!

Sincerely,
    Jim

He is back on the University of Buffalo stuff again.

To quote John McEnroe..."You can't be serious!!"
    IF it's all about the money...and it usually is....then even Buffalo would make sense. There are (so far as I know) only 2 D1A programs in New York State. Syracuse and UB, and Syracuse is in the ACC. If the B1G wants those higher sub fees due to having an in state team in NY, this is their only option, right?

Now I'm not saying it will happen or even that it's a good idea (god, UB would have to be built up a LOT athletically to be even close to ANY existing B1G school), but if it's just about the money, and the B1G network, it could make a little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Late 80s Hokie View Post
    IF it's all about the money...and it usually is....then even Buffalo would make sense. There are (so far as I know) only 2 D1A programs in New York State. Syracuse and UB, and Syracuse is in the ACC. If the B1G wants those higher sub fees due to having an in state team in NY, this is their only option, right?

Now I'm not saying it will happen or even that it's a good idea (god, UB would have to be built up a LOT athletically to be even close to ANY existing B1G school), but if it's just about the money, and the B1G network, it could make a little sense.
    There are 3 DI-A football programs in the state of New York (you forgot Army). I am pretty sure that the Big Ten does not have Army on its radar. Also, I am pretty sure that Army and Navy (they would have to be a package deal) has no desire to join the Big Ten. However, I do see 2 things about Army that could be appealing to the Big Ten.

1. West Point, NY is not that far from New York City (maybe a 45 minute drive).
    2. Having 2 Federal universities as members of the Big Ten may be looked favorably upon by the Federal Government, which could benefit the CIC when it is applying for research grants or bidding for federal contracts.

I have a feeling that if the power conferences do decide to do something that changes the current structure, then they may be forced to include Air Force, Army, and Navy in their plan. I do not see DoD and Congress allowing the 3 academies being left out of the party because the TV exposure is too valuable of a recruiting tool for them. I do not mean for the academies, but the branch of service.

If they really want to make a killing they should just merge with the ACC

That would get them into a bunch of new states.

Quote Originally Posted by Late 80s Hokie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    That would get them into a bunch of new states.
    I posted the same thing back in the spring with 10 more ACC schools going to the B1G to form a 24 team league. Never going to happen, but at the time I thought it was an out of the box idea to keep ACC rivalries intact when everyone was thinking the ACC was about to be gutted by the other leagues.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4m
    I'm going to have an update on expansion this afternoon to dispel some rumors & update the situation.

So...any guesses? Is this the big Texas to the Big 10 rumor? I know that whenever the Big XII folks start to get a bit uncomfortable, they turn their social media rumor mongers out to start spinning a story.
    I would hate for this thread to scroll off the board. It needs to be easily accessible the next time this guy says he has big news coming.
    "It's a half an inch of water, and you think you're going to drown."