Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thanks, makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfesser View Post
    Short answer: yes. But like anything, there are some factors that make it easier for certain entities to succeed over others.
    It also explains why there is so much inertia in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    US News 2014 ranking for U of L is 161, down from 160. I guess it was too much to expect them to move up any time soon...
    A one-point change in a highly suspect ranking system. You're right. They're clearly not investing in improving their academics.

No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Thanks for the troll. Did I say anything like that? For the record, I am a huge proponent of U of L, despite having lived every moment of the Great Midwest fiaso. It was the right move for the ACC, and I believe they will move up steadily in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    Thanks for the troll. Did I say anything like that? For the record, I am a huge proponent of U of L, despite having lived every moment of the Great Midwest fiaso. It was the right move for the ACC, and I believe they will move up steadily in the rankings.
    Well, my troll was really a factor of (a) the subject line, which implied more than "any time soon", and (b) a desire to use a snarky animated gif. I, too, think UL was the right move for the ACC. Just poking a little fun.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyburg Hokie View Post
    Well, my troll was really a factor of (a) the subject line, which implied more than "any time soon", and (b) a desire to use a snarky animated gif. I, too, think UL was the right move for the ACC. Just poking a little fun.
    Pictures of Jennifer Lawrence are never a bad thing