Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tallahassee, FL (Tallahassee is a native American word meaning Old Town.from the mound at Lake Jaxon
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    I watched a good bit of the UM-FL game and the Gators seemed to have the better of the play. They just had so many bonehead plays.
    5 (FIVE!) turnovers!
    How bout dem HOKIES!

The hardest part for Louisville will be the number injuries they will have playing better competition. I think the Bowl System delay really helps the SEC because they beat up on each other during the regular season, but find out their weaknesses and fix them. Then they get healthy with the delay they have before the Bowls start. If the ACC gets to the point where they have 4 top 15 teams then IMHO we will do better in the Bowl season too. In fact that could easily be why we did better last year in the bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Louisville will have a new starting QB next season and they'll have to adjust to new ACC sites like FSU, Clemson, and NC State. I don't see U of L rolling over the ACC. U of L will be good, but no better than Tech, FSU, Clemson, Miami, and 1 or 2 other ACC teams.
    Last edited by Stech; Sun Sep 08 2013 at 05:42 PM.

I can't get excited yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Still a lot of work to do to sustain it, but progress none the less!!!
    I also feel a bit weird saying "ACC, ACC, ACC..." when Tech lost to Bama by 25. It's almost like I'm cheering for Clemson and Miami while the rest of the ACC is still average or worse. I think I just vomited in my mouth writing that. Time to look for some Listerine.

That's the weird thing about Strength of Schedule and the Conference thing...it forces you to want your rivals that you recruit the most against to win OOC games so you don't hear trash from the other conferences. However, as the SEC has proven...playing in a conference with great teams gets great players. Just like the ACC does in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitous View Post
    I also feel a bit weird saying "ACC, ACC, ACC..." when Tech lost to Bama by 25. It's almost like I'm cheering for Clemson and Miami while the rest of the ACC is still average or worse. I think I just vomited in my mouth writing that. Time to look for some Listerine.

I started watching it late, but that last fumble was forced by Miami's defense. The Gator quarterback was hit before he could throw it away. That is a different kind of mistake than unforced mistakes.

The Gators were pretty lax near the end and wasted a bunch of time at the end. They should know how to play with no timeouts better.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    I watched a good bit of the UM-FL game and the Gators seemed to have the better of the play. They just had so many bonehead plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitous View Post
    Yeah, I am very excited to have those 2 wins over ranked OOC teams, but we also have 4 losses as a conference against ranked OOC teams. I'd like to see us be win 1 or 2 more of those other games, though it's a lot to ask when it's always an unranked ACC team against a ranked "other conference" team.

Thu, Aug 29 unc at (6) South Carolina L 10-27
    Sat, Aug 31 VT at (1) Alabama L 10-35
    Sat, Aug 31 CU vs (5) Georgia W 38-35
    Sat, Sep 7 Mia vs (12) Florida W 21-16
    Sat, Sep 7 Syr at (19) Northwestern L 27-48
    Sat, Sep 7 uva vs (2) Oregon L 10-59

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Louisville will have a new starting QB next season and they'll have to adjust to new ACC sites like FSU, Clemson, and NC State. I don't see U of L rolling over the ACC. U of L will be good, but no better than Tech, FSU, Clemson, Miami, and 1 or 2 other ACC teams.
    He didn't say anything about Louiseville rolling over the ACC. He said the AAC... The conference rising from the Big East ashes. I really HATE that they chose that as their name. They need to be demolished if for no other reason than to get rid of that acronym so close to our own!
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

There were no unexpected loses this week, even UNC beat Middle Tenn. GT lost to them last year about this time.

Comparing ourselves to the SEC is unnecessary. We don't have to be as good as the SEC pull ourselves out of "least of the Big Five". We just have to be better than one or two other big five conferences. So far this year, we are edging out the Big Ten and the Big 12, and you can at least say we are comparable to the PAC 12, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    There were no unexpected loses this week, even UNC beat Middle Tenn. GT lost to them last year about this time.

Comparing ourselves to the SEC is unnecessary. We don't have to be as good as the SEC pull ourselves out of "least of the Big Five". We just have to be better than one or two other big five conferences. So far this year, we are edging out the Big Ten and the Big 12, and you can at least say we are comparable to the PAC 12, too.
    Yep, I would agree with that. 16-5 OOC so far, and 4 of the 5 losses are unranked teams losing to ranked teams (VT vs #1, uva vs #2, unc vs #6, syracuse vs #19 and Penn State). As long as we actually win the games we are supposed to as a conference, I will be happy.

Kinda like saying I don't have to be faster than the bear, I just have to be faster than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post