Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

ACC, ACC, ACC, ACC,! First Clemson beats Georgia, then Miami beats Florida!

Still a lot of work to do to sustain it, but progress none the less!!!

I can never root for Miami or UVA, just can't do it...
    “You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands."

Think Strength of Schedule, beat teams that win and it matters...it has been a while since it mattered, but let's get back to where it matters!

According to Saban and an NFL scout we beat Bama BAD up front last week, that's right beat Bama up front...I like saying that.

Let's think BIG AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by anchorsteam88 View Post
    I can never root for Miami or UVA, just can't do it...

I watched a good bit of the UM-FL game and the Gators seemed to have the better of the play. They just had so many bonehead plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post

Nice wins, but I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Clemson win was nice, but it was by just 3 and at home. Result might have been different Between the Hedges or at a neutral sight. Miami, also at home, lucked out a bit and UF probably not one of the 4 best teams in the SEC. ACC lost to the SEC's best team by 25 and the Pac12's best team by 49. The conference is still way behind, but it has been a good start.

The best part is that Clemson, FSU, and Miami are unlikely to lose for several weeks, that is, until they meet each other.

And Louisville looks poised to roll over the AAC.

Having three teams in the top 10 for at least five weeks will help the conference's image a lot.

Think Strength of Schedule, beat teams that win and it matters...it has been a while since it mattered, but let's get back to where it matters!

According to Saban and an NFL scout we beat Bama BAD up front last week, that's right beat Bama up front...I like saying that.

Let's think BIG AGAIN!
    Interesting scores from weeks 1 and 2:
    Week1: UVA 19 - BYU 16
    Week2: Oregon 59 - UVA 10; BYU 40 - Texas 21

Also, Syracuse has lost 2 weeks in a row to B1G teams and NC State pulled a WVU beating Richmond 23 -21 on a late score. The conference still has work to do, but it seems to be getting better as that was Florida's second straight loss to an "ACC" team. Maybe FSU can make it 3 straight.

Nick Saban and an NFL Scout said VT beat Alabama up front on both sides of the ball. Clemson beats Georgia who nearly beat Bama in the SEC Championship and South Carolina lost to Georgia yesterday another top tier SEC team. Miami beats Florida and so did next year's ACC team Louisville last year in the Sugar Bowl. Yes UVa got smoked, but they also beat BYU who won convincingly against Texas.

Like I said, there is still more work to do, but compared to the last several years, that is good progress and IMHO worth celebrating for our conference.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    I watched a good bit of the UM-FL game and the Gators seemed to have the better of the play. They just had so many bonehead plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    The best part is that Clemson, FSU, and Miami are unlikely to lose for several weeks, that is, until they meet each other.

And Louisville looks poised to roll over the AAC.

Having three teams in the top 10 for at least five weeks will help the conference's image a lot.
    Louisville will have a new starting QB next season and they'll have to adjust to new ACC sites like FSU, Clemson, and NC State. I don't see U of L rolling over the ACC. U of L will be good, but no better than Tech, FSU, Clemson, Miami, and 1 or 2 other ACC teams.

Nick Saban and an NFL Scout said VT beat Alabama up front on both sides of the ball. Clemson beats Georgia who nearly beat Bama in the SEC Championship and South Carolina lost to Georgia yesterday another top tier SEC team. Miami beats Florida and so did next year's ACC team Louisville last year in the Sugar Bowl. Yes UVa got smoked, but they also beat BYU who won convincingly against Texas.

Like I said, there is still more work to do, but compared to the last several years, that is good progress and IMHO worth celebrating for our conference.
    Tech's defense is the real deal. They've only allowed 14 points in 2 games, 2 against #1 Bama. The FG in the WCU game is on the special teams even though I thought WCU didn't give Jarrett enough room to catch the punt.

As for the ACC, its looking better (after 2 weeks) than it has for some time. I think Pitt and Syracuse will realize that the ACC isn't the Big East.