Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3034353637383940

It depends on how much effort it took the WR to get the ball to their hands. This shouldn't be this difficult of a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    When LT hits the receivers in the hands and they drop the ball, would those be considered a bad pass? All of those Tyrod passes down field where the receiver comes back to catch the ball should also be considered bad passes. The same goes for MV1, MV2, Druck, Brian Randall, and every other QB that's ever played for VT.

I've heard 10X as much squawking about LT than all of them combined.

That's not what I meant at all.

I would hope we can all agree there is a difference between throwing the ball between a WRs pads and waste and simply "hitting them in the hands." Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefied View Post
    If by close, you mean somewhere between the receivers shoulders and waste, than I contest your view is skewed.

The new scoreboard is impressive guys, and the sound quality is super.

Quote Originally Posted by VTStylez9 View Post
    We were a 41.5 point favorite
    Opened at 41.5' went to 42, finished at 41. We covered by 1 point!

Quote Originally Posted by HokieinTampa View Post
    I'm not sold on that just yet. Defense was their big question and concern this off season. They were porous last year and were very concerned about their D line this year. I think UF's offensive is terrible.
    Just as much FL O as UM D. Didn't look good last week either.

Quote Originally Posted by BahamaHokie View Post
    He's really good when his surrounding cast is playing well (duh). He's also somewhat raw, makes some mistakes, and his form breaks down when the talent around him isn't playing up to par. Obviously, he has the ability to be all world if the people around him actually catch the ball, and finish their routes, yet it makes him look really bad when everyone else doesn't play well. And it seems he lets that get to him more than it maybe should. I think that he lets poor performance get to him a bit more than maybe it should. Not horribly, but enough that fans - who also want perfection - get frustrated.

I don't think (many) really think that Leal has the higher upside, but there is a lot of frustration when the entire passing game completely breaks down like in the Bama game, and we all understand that we really are blessed with what is likely to be a very good backup QB. If our WRs aren't playing well, I don't think that Leal is going to make many, if any, more passes than LT. What I think some people wonder - and 'possibly' rightly - is whether Leal would throw less picks in those situations.

Well I watched the game a second time. Basically it is what it is. Logan has some talent, but also has flaws. He can make a really nice throw. But its also clear that his timing and his placement is also off on other throws.

The receivers showed some glimpses of improvement this week, but also continued to drop some passes. I liked the fact that there were a couple of nice grabs against Western Carolina. But the passing game for both Thomas and the receivers remains a work in progress.

The good news is that Tech's rushing attack looks to be resurgent. Edmunds wasn't quite as strong. But in the right circumstance, you have to feel good about handing the ball off to Edmunds, Coleman, Mangus or Caleb. Caleb in fact is interesting. He's got skillz and could ultimately be the man.